Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2014 12:58:58 AM EDT
Well, so many of us who enjoy Gunstruction and many of us who use it as an aid for designing and actually building a gun, I have to admit that I am very much looking forward to this new competition.

With Phase 5 as a partner for the win your rifle competition I am thrilled. So many of their parts that I can't afford I like very much.

I finally finished my AR carbine that took me 1½ years to build simply because I had to save every penny for the parts. I will build another AR and all I have is the stripped lower receiver. The new one is sure to take at least as long. Winning a dream design would truly be astounding.

Yes, I am looking forward to this new competition. In all the future time that it will take me to be able to buy the parts for what I will build next, I will certainly enjoy creating designs for the competition and refining the design for how I will make the 7.62x39 pistol. There is no 7.62x39 caliber in Gunstruction, so, I kind of have to improvise with what is available to get the visual design.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 3:26:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess I saw a sneak preview by accident. However, i won't let out the Gunstruction team competition parameters before they do officially. I suspect I saw a glitch this morning while going to Gunstruction to think. What I will say though is that it is a quite awesome and a wonderful opportunity. Designing the gun to win will be very challenging. I advise everyone who enters a design to pay attention to n/a (not applicable) price parts. There are parts in Gunstruction that do not have a price. Some of those are dependent on other parts. The only n/a part that is definitely OK is the barrel nut. If you use a free float handguard and it requires a specific barrel nut, the barrel nut is provided with the hand guard in those cases so it has no cost. There are only a few other parts that I know of that use the same price function. One is the rifle buttstock that uses the specific bolt carrier. The bolt carrier is no cost since it comes with the butt stock. There are som other parts also that are joined with their counterbparts but they won't be a factor in the rifles that will be designed for this competition.

I suspect that any invalid no price parts will likely invalidate an entry, There are some barrels with no price so DEFINITELY don't use them.

Good Luck to All, I certainly know I am going to do my best to hopefully win! :)

Have fun!,
Will

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top