Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:

My issue with that is you can't deselect a part that is causing the incompatibility.  If you could override it by specifying you'd rather use the X'd out part and go back to find something compatible later, that would be better imo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By paadams:
It works much better on my desktop than the laptops.  

Still a little load time here and there but tolerable.  I love that it X's out the parts that aren't compatible with something you've already chosen.  Excellent feature.  

My issue with that is you can't deselect a part that is causing the incompatibility.  If you could override it by specifying you'd rather use the X'd out part and go back to find something compatible later, that would be better imo.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Jbrock:
Will Gunstruction be compatible on IPads?
View Quote

I don't believe iPads support Java.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Will there be an option to save your build? Or is there one already built in that I'm not finding?
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone else having problems with it the site on lower end systems?  I've had problems on two different laptops, dual core, 4GB RAM.  Especially if running multiple tabs or trying to do anything else while using Gunstruction.

As it is right now I wouldn't use it much as I'm not going to close down everything else just to play around with it.  Maybe if I was currently working on a build I would dedicate time to it but it's been a pain in the ass to use for me so far.  

View Quote

The program seems real choppy on my laptop as well.  My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1520 with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 2.00GHz, and 4GB of RAM.  I tried the program in Google Chrome and IE and get the same choppy/laggy results.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#8]

I'm not sure when it happened, but I noticed after I added the foregrip, it changed the overall price to show just the grip price. After I changed the fake can to a suppressor, the price returned to normal.

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By Omning:

THAT.. is pretty strange.   Were you working off of a from scratch gun or a prebuilt?  Any idea what order you added parts in?  
View All Quotes

THAT.. is pretty strange.   Were you working off of a from scratch gun or a prebuilt?  Any idea what order you added parts in?  
Originally Posted By msg125:

I'm not sure when it happened, but I noticed after I added the foregrip, it changed the overall price to show just the grip price. After I changed the fake can to a suppressor, the price returned to normal.
http://imageshack.us/a/img832/7458/69qg.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img46/1651/pxqv.jpg    

It was from scratch. I believe I built the lower first, then the upper, but can't remember the exact order for everything. It was working perfect at that point. I added the BUIS, optic, mount, light, and foregrip in that order. I don't think I left the accessories until they were all added. It was just after I went back to the overall view that I noticed the price.

I have tried to replicate it to see what might have happened, but can't get it to happen again.

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey y'all.  Love this site and the gun construction.   Playing around with it I didn't have any issues with anything that I saw while creating my gun on a Mac. Yes I know that isnt very helpfull haha.

Below is the gun (visually) what my second gun I buy will be.  Still saving up to buy a hang gun first.

I am not to familiar with quality of items so feel free to critique the specs =)  Very willing to learn something.  I picked a lot of the components because i figured same mfg for critical parts might be appropriate for functionality.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c275/Nurdaben/gun.jpg

Length 32.16 Inches
Weight 8lbs 3.78oz
Cost $1744.89

Lower Receiver: CMMG Forged        CMMG
Receiver Extension:M15 Mil SpecArmaLite
Upper Receiver:        A3        ArmaLite
Bolt Carrier:M-15        ArmaLite
Barrel:16in Med, Mid GasJT
Barrel Nut:        Standard        ArmaLite
Hand Guard:EZ CAR Rail 9.0 Mid  Daniel Defense
Bolt:        Standard         ArmaLite
Charging Handle:Standard        ArmaLite
Forward Assist:        Forward Assist        ArmaLite
Dust Cover:Punisher        Spike’s Tactical
Muzzle Device:        A2 BirdcageCMMG
Gas Tube:        Mid LengthCMMG
Gas Block:.750 RailedStag
Trigger Group:        Trigger Group        ArmaLiht
Bolt Catch:M-15 Bolt Stop CatchArmaLite
Magazine Catch:Magazine Catch        ArmaLite
Trigger Guard:        MOE Trigger GuardMagpul
Trigger Pins:Small Trigger PinsArmaLite
Pin Set:Lower Pin SetCMMG
Selector Lever:        Safety Selector        ArmaLite
Grip:         MOE Grip        Magpul
Magazine:        L5 Advanced 30 RdLancer
Sliding Stock:Moe Stock        Magpul
Buffer:Carbine Buffer and SpringArmaLite
Receiver End Plate:Magpul ASAPMagpul
Iron Sight Front:        Black Forge Front Flip UpBlack Forge
Iron Sight Rear:        Black Forge Rear Flip UpBlack Forge
Scope:Crossfire ll 2-7x32Vortex
Mount Optic:M4 Scope MountLa Rue Tactical

PS anyone have 1800 bucks i could have =D
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Screenshot from OS X 10.5.8 on Safari 5.0.6

http://i41.tinypic.com/maylch.jpg
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 11:28:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I really enjoy this gives me something to do with down time at work. The only problem is it bogs my PC down so much if I have to use my Internet browser for anything else I have to close it out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#17]
We're planning on having a lower quality option in the future to help out those on slightly slower systems.  Hopefully will help you out!  But lets be honest, other tabs aren't important if you're messing with GUNSTRUCTION :)

View All Quotes
We're planning on having a lower quality option in the future to help out those on slightly slower systems.  Hopefully will help you out!  But lets be honest, other tabs aren't important if you're messing with GUNSTRUCTION :)

Originally Posted By 6one8:
I really enjoy this gives me something to do with down time at work. The only problem is it bogs my PC down so much if I have to use my Internet browser for anything else I have to close it out.

I'm well aware of this I think I lost 5 hours of my life this afternoon. I would really like to see more camo patterns too, some of them are really light looking darker patterns possibly maybe a better urban camo and a more realistic woodland camo. I also can't wait for more parts to be added it seems like I'm running out of creative builds.  Also can't wait to add rail sections and co-witness with magnified optics. Are there going to be any noveske parts added, maybe some mega arms parts and umbrella corp?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Agreed.
View All Quotes
It works much better on my desktop than the laptops.  

Still a little load time here and there but tolerable.  I love that it X's out the parts that aren't compatible with something you've already chosen.  Excellent feature.  

Agreed.

This is especially the case with Barrel Nut / Handguards.  That part has been the most annoying for me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Some parts don't show up for me. Seems to change depending on what else is on the build. For example, my last attempt had everything selected, but the upper receiver, bolt/carrier, and handguard weren't there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 10:08:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Omning] [#23]
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 8:26:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: samerickson89] [#24]
Were they not appearing at all or were they appearing but ghosted blue/yellow/red?  Can you get a screenshot of that happening if you get a chance?  

Also, try clearing your unity cache and giving it another go, something might have gotten messed up in therehttp://webplayer.unity3d.com/setup/ just hit delete all on the bottom right there.
View Quote
They weren't there at all. I'll do it again and post a screenshot in a minute.

edit: Now I've got a different problem altogether. Started to build a lower and at first I thought it was just out of position. So I tried selecting a different stripped lower, but that didn't replace the first one. Zoomed out to see what was going on and I got this.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Can you post your computer specs?  It might be needed for you to reinstall Unity but i'm beginning to wonder!

View All Quotes
Can you post your computer specs?  It might be needed for you to reinstall Unity but i'm beginning to wonder!

Originally Posted By samerickson89:
Were they not appearing at all or were they appearing but ghosted blue/yellow/red?  Can you get a screenshot of that happening if you get a chance?  

Also, try clearing your unity cache and giving it another go, something might have gotten messed up in therehttp://webplayer.unity3d.com/setup/ just hit delete all on the bottom right there.
They weren't there at all. I'll do it again and post a screenshot in a minute.

edit: Now I've got a different problem altogether. Started to build a lower and at first I thought it was just out of position. So I tried selecting a different stripped lower, but that didn't replace the first one. Zoomed out to see what was going on and I got this.
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y442/samerickson89/2_zps4e85a7e0.jpg

Sure thing. I know less about computers than I do about guns though. Pretty sure I know where to find the info, but what exactly do you need?
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#28]
most useful stuff would be:
1: How fast or model of processor
2: What video card model
3: How much Ram
4: What version of windows, and what browser
View Quote

AMD Sempron Processor LE-1200 2.10 GHz
Can't seem to find any info about the video card
3.00 GB RAM (it says 2.87 GB usable)
Windows 7 Home Premium, Firefox
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Hi

Mostly working fine but noticed a strange issue after saving a build and then reloading it later. The optic were blown up to extreme proportion and took the place of the stock.

Gunstruction link: http://www.ar15.com/gunstruction/?guid=2D51AEFA-42EB-4582-8AB0-713FACB633EC

http://s13.postimg.org/i73ut2x0n/Capture.png
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I've been using gunstruction for the past couple of weeks and all of a sudden it won't load.  All I get is an outline of a white box with a little symbol in the top corner.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#32]
I am having the same problem.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 10:26:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RogueWolf011] [#33]
Ummm... I'll just leave this here.
I had this saved and this is what I got when i loaded it.

http://www.ar15.com/gunstruction/?guid=8878A017-D955-4196-9C02-5472829E4C76

http://i.imgur.com/JYzj3SL.png
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:34:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Omning] [#35]
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Yes I am using Internet Explorer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 12:21:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Snowman38] [#38]
Originally Posted By zero_foxtrot:
Screenshot from OS X 10.5.8 on Safari 5.0.6

http://i41.tinypic.com/maylch.jpg
View Quote

Im experiencing this as well.  Same results in Safari and Chrome.

Mac Version 10.6.8
2 GHz Intel Core Duo
2GB MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Excellent.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Been playing with paint and to me HKDarkGreen looks like a dark grey. Is this me or is it a incorrect color for the name listed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#43]
You might be right!  Too late to patch it in today but I'll look into it for the next patch

View All Quotes
You might be right!  Too late to patch it in today but I'll look into it for the next patch
Originally Posted By tstuart34:
Been playing with paint and to me HKDarkGreen looks like a dark grey. Is this me or is it a incorrect color for the name listed.

What color is that grey? I like it!
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#44]
CTR stock animation skips the second and third positions for me. MOE works like it should though.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 11:27:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: samerickson89] [#45]
Somehow both the Daniel Defense .750 A2 front sight base and the ArmaLite .650 both fit the Arfcom 16" barrel.

eta: Ignore that. I'm an idiot.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#46]
just built an AR and it wont let me save the gun...all 3 slots are open as well...got an error message saying that I had to be logged into my ar15.com account to access the save feature
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 1:23:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lomshek] [#49]
In selecting an upper receiver I picked the Larue OBR then clicked "Info" and the description is for the Spikes ST-15 LE while the specs are for the Larue OBR. That was the end of my build and everything else was selecting correctly.

After trying clicking on different things to see if I could "re-set" the glitch I tried the refresh button which started me completely over not just on that page.

System seems to be a major resource hog on my end mega-slowing my laptop down. Running an HP w/Windows 8 & IE 10. As soon as I closed the Gunstruction window my machine is running perfectly again.

Pretty sure this is my laptop.

Operating system • Windows 8 64

Processor • 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2348M Processor

Graphics • Intel HD Graphics 4000

Memory • 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)

Hard drive • 500GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top