Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2016 10:16:17 AM EDT
IT'S HERE!  Giving her a trial water run this week.

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
why would you post this in beer section where home distillation spirits is illegal??

but its for "ethanol" gas isn't it?
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it's for distilling drinking water from the ocean?
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah in the beer forum-why didn't eye think of that
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously he's going to use that water to make beer. Duhhhh

I have no idea why anyone would post about a still online
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a bill in congress right now (HR2903) that if it passes would make home distilling legal up to 48 gallons per household.  Its being supported by the TTB and BATF. I just thought some of your home brewers would enjoy seeing a legal stainless distiller.  My bad.

Oh, and home brewing would mean more than just beer.  Wine and spirits would qualify.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is a bill in congress right now (HR2903) that if it passes would make home distilling legal up to 48 gallons per household.  Its being supported by the TTB and BATF. I just thought some of your home brewers would enjoy seeing a legal stainless distiller.  My bad.  

Oh, and home brewing would mean more than just beer.  Wine and spirits would qualify.
View Quote

So do you think it will pass? What's the risks to distilling if legal?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I enjoy seeing it.

Hmmm distilling some wine and making brandy
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's dead, Jim!
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice!. Thanks for posting.

How much is the full set?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's dead, Jim!

Despite having a majority of cosponsors in BOTH chambers.

I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's dead, Jim!

Where does it say that???
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's dead, Jim!

It's not officially dead, but it was introduced on 25 June 2015 and it hasn't even been discussed in the committee it was referred to. While it's still an open bill, it hasn't moved after nearly 15 months. That's usually a death sentence.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

so now what you gonna do?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

so now what you gonna do?
View Quote

He's probably going to go bury that still in the woods and petition a mod to delete this thread.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Been following the HR2903 bill for almost two years now.

The following states would automatically be legal to distill in WHEN the bill passes.

Alaska
Arizona
Maine
Massachusetts
Michigan
Missouri
Ohio
Rhode Island

The other states would have to change their laws on the state level.

As of 9/28/2016:

There are 284 cosponsors in the House which is 65% of the entire House of Representatives.

There are 51 cosponsors in the Senate in total (51% of the entire Senate)
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#16]
The Bill (HR 2903) is in the Senate Finance Committee and they are attempting to attach it to the Omnimus Bill to be passed before the session is over. BATF and TTB is supporting it. As posted above, it as of right now has majority support in congress in both houses!

This will allow if passed up to a 15.5 gallon boiler to be used to home distill.

Also of note, if this passes, will be the first time since George Washington that distilling of spirits will again be legal in the US. That according to the guys over at homedistiller.org
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#17]
+1 MissouriCarry.

Anyone wishing to help the lobbyist in Washington can join the  https://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org/ website $30 a year.
Brewhaus is the driving force behind the legislative process happening in Washington. Rumor is late spring of 2017 HR2903 will be voted on.

Quoted:
Also of note, if this passes, will be the first time since George Washington that distilling of spirits will again be legal in the US. That according to the guys over at homedistiller.org
View Quote

George Washington imposed the 1791 tax to help pay off the Revolutionary war debt. When the debt was paid off it remained in place, it was a huge tax cash pump for the government.

Later on when the 18th amendment was passed and prohibition began in 1920. The tax cash cow ended, and State and Federal Income taxes began. When prohibition ended in 1933, income taxes remained, and taxation of beer, wine, hard cider and distilled spirits began again increasing the tax cash pump. However you were still not able to make any beer, wine, hard cider or distilled spirits for personal consumption.

In October of 1978 Jimmy Carter signed HR1337 which allowed people to make their own home brew, wine, hard cider for their own personal consumption. This was the kickstarter for the selection of brews we have available today in the stores and home brew shops. The Revolution of Artisan distilleries can begin after HR2903 passes.

Cheers!

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
+1 MissouriCarry.

Anyone wishing to help the lobbyist in Washington can join the  https://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org/ website $30 a year.
Brewhaus is the driving force behind the legislative process happening in Washington. Rumor is late spring of 2017 HR2903 will be voted on.

George Washington imposed the 1791 tax to help pay off the Revolutionary war debt. When the debt was paid off it remained in place, it was a huge tax cash pump for the government.

Later on when the 18th amendment was passed and prohibition began in 1920. The tax cash cow ended, and State and Federal Income taxes began. When prohibition ended in 1933, income taxes remained, and taxation of beer, wine, hard cider and distilled spirits began again increasing the tax cash pump. However you were still not able to make any beer, wine, hard cider or distilled spirits for personal consumption.

In October of 1978 Jimmy Carter signed HR1337 which allowed people to make their own home brew, wine, hard cider for their own personal consumption. This was the kickstarter for the selection of brews we have available today in the stores and home brew shops. The Revolution of Artisan distilleries can begin after HR2903 passes.

Cheers!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
+1 MissouriCarry.

Quoted:

Cheers!

Soon as I get a job I'm signing up. I'll happily support that cause.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#20]
distillation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top