Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2016 1:43:11 PM EDT
So I've been thinking about moving my keezer to the garage.  This will present some challenges in the winter time.  Has anyone done this and how do you heat your keezer?  I understand I can just switch my temp controller to heat during the cold months but what kind of heater do you use and how do you locate it?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#1]
My keezer is in my living room, so i have no experience in dealing with having to heat it but what i have seen on various forums is people wiring a hairdryer to their temp controller then mounting it to the inside of the keezer someone. Personally I would use magnets epoxied to the hairdryer. Don't use SWMBO's.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My keezer is in my living room, so i have no experience in dealing with having to heat it but what i have seen on various forums is people wiring a hairdryer to their temp controller then mounting it to the inside of the keezer someone. Personally I would use magnets epoxied to the hairdryer. Don't use SWMBO's.
View Quote

A hairdryer sounds super dangerous for overheating IMO.  I use a tiny crockpot for my ferment chamber when needed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is in my basement so it doesn't get below the mid 60's so I can't help you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a reptile heating cable in my fermentation chamber.  It works wonderfully and is safe for damp conditions.  They are around $20 from Amazon, and I used electrical tape to tape it along the sides.  It's held for a year so far.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a reptile heating cable in my fermentation chamber.  It works wonderfully and is safe for damp conditions.  They are around $20 from Amazon, and I used electrical tape to tape it along the sides.  It's held for a year so far.
View Quote

I didn't realize something like that would heat an area that big. I might try this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top