Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#1]
That's sad
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you not use the cloud storage?
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a pen and paper for mine. I've just started, but I keep a notebook.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Forgot that I lost my beersmith in a HD crash.

Still had the key, so I downloaded it again, but lost all my recipes.
View Quote

Use the 'Cloud' feature, also export the recipes and back them up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Forgot that I lost my beersmith in a HD crash.

Still had the key, so I downloaded it again, but lost all my recipes.
View Quote

and people wonder why I still buy cook books, real reloading manuals, etc.  

I've lost too much software data through the years or simply kept disks that wouldn't work on later equipment.  

Paper rules!
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 11:58:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I do both. Build and store recipes in Beersmith/cloud. Keep a paper log of each batch, tasting notes, etc
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I back up all my recipes to the the cloud.

I also have all my recipes in my brew log, along with notes on things to change, mistakes made while brewing ect.

I just like using pen and paper while im actually brewing instead of a computer.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#9]
That's sad.

That's why I have a RAID 1 mirrored backup network drive.  I actually lost a drive and replaced both of them with larger and didn't lose anything.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Books are great - that said, I lost mine in a fire.  Lost a little equipment in the fire, but what hurt the most was having some stolen during the cleanup.  I think that might have been 1996.  I was essentially brewing for hire then (I was on the clock and my supplies and equipment were paid for).  After the fire, that arrangement never got reestablished.

Brewed my first batch since then yesterday.  Only a 20 year break...  By the time this batch is done, should have the keezer up and running.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top