Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2016 1:15:42 PM EDT

I used the grains for a Belgian dark strong ale, 3 pounds of honey, Chinook hops start of boil, and added simcoe and cascade  toward the end...I dry hopped with Simcoe and Amarillo after fermentation was done, this was done in the primary to prevent oxidation. Normally I transfer to a secondary, but decided against this as I wanted to see what the outcome would be like....
I ended up with 4.5gallons of one of the most tastiest beers I have ever crafted....

Yeast used American II Wyeast 1272:)

I am making a second batch soon....:)
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I really love the ammarillo hop when used for finishing it really brings out the citrus in the hops.

Sounds like a great brew. Some of the best are happy accidents. W/ 3lbs of honey I bet your finishing gravity was pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:13:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Recipe?

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks tasty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top