[#1]
Where's the CO2 canister?
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where's the CO2 canister?
View Quote

True, the "package" comes with a C02 canister, but even if you bought one separate it is still cheaper.   I already have a couple C02 canasters, so for me that was a moot point.

The fridge has a spot in the back for a canester, and a hole for the line
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Dog is hitting the keg.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#5]
The regulator, splitter, and gas lines/sanke adapter will cost too, but that is a good deal.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#6]
That's pretty slick. I haven't brewed in a while, and keep thinking about getting back into it. I wanted to build a keezer if I did, but this might be better, because I don't know that I would brew enough to stock the keezer anyway. Two kegs would probably be plenty for now, although the keezer would allow for expansion.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That's pretty slick. I haven't brewed in a while, and keep thinking about getting back into it. I wanted to build a keezer if I did, but this might be better, because I don't know that I would brew enough to stock the keezer anyway. Two kegs would probably be plenty for now, although the keezer would allow for expansion.
View Quote

How often do you plan on brewing?  At this point, my consumption rates have me brewing every 6 weeks or so. I have 3 kits sitting on my shelf waiting to be brewed...the struggle.

The downside of only having 2 kegs is that you have to focus on a certain beer before you can make/keg another.  If brew something you don't really like, that can be a less than pleasurable process.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How often do you plan on brewing?  At this point, my consumption rates have me brewing every 6 weeks or so. I have 3 kits sitting on my shelf waiting to be brewed...the struggle.

The downside of only having 2 kegs is that you have to focus on a certain beer before you can make/keg another.  If brew something you don't really like, that can be a less than pleasurable process.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a 3 tap tower. Thought about a 4 but did not because the cost went up considerably. Because of the converted Rockstar Energy drink fridge I have been using as a kegerator. I can only use 2.25 gallon kegs on their sides to fit two kegs. Since I have a bunch of 2.25 gallon kegs, and even 1.75 gallon kegs, I could have 4 taps on this new kegerator. I will have three. A 5 gallon keg on one, and two 2.25 gallon kegs stacked on top of each other.

I have really liked doing it this way. I have "spare kegs" in a wine fridge in my basement. When I kill a keg, I just bring up another. My 5 gallon kits usually yield 4 gallons, which is a 2.25 gallon and a 1.75 gallon keg. The 1.75's I usually bring to parties. Or if I love it, I kill the 2.25 and put the 1.75 in.

The 3 gallon, 2.25 gallon and 1.75 gallon kegs seem to be gaining some popularity as of late as I am seeing them sold in more places. Probably because you can do more in a confined space, as I have, and as I will do in this new set up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top