Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2015 7:53:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you are going to have a tough time. They reuse the barrels.

http://www.tayloreason.com/corkscrew/spirits/answers-to-10-essential-scotch-whisky-questions-part-one/

8. What kinds of barrels are used to mature Scotch Whisky? Barrel aging is absolutely essential to whisky. Whisky, like all spirits is clear and colorless when it comes off of the still. All of the natural color observed in whisky comes from the barrel – as does many of its aromas and flavors. The majority of barrels used for aging Scotch Whisky were originally used to age bourbon in the USA. Scotch Whisky is (almost) always aged in used barrels while bourbon is required to be aged in new oak barrels. It’s a great symbiotic relationship that exists between bourbon and Scotch Whisky producers. Other types of barrels are used as well with ex-Sherry being the second most common barrel type. There are no rules regarding the former use of an oak barrel. Read more about whisky barrels.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen whiskey barrel chips before, I'll do some looking.

A trick is just to soak oak chips in your scotch of choice for awhile then add them to beer smoke with them.  I don't know if that will work well, though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#3]
You can buy Jack Daniels chips, then soak in Scotch for a while. Might work.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Wigle Whiskey does
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#6]
OP -- take the "e" out of Whiskey in your thread title.  Scottish Whisky is without the "e."  It's out fucking the sheep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top