Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2015 4:39:28 PM EDT
So I noticed that we got some barley in over the weekend so I asked the guys at work to set it aside for me when they get done with it so I can turn it into alcoholic deliciousness.
Was not expecting what I got

45lbs of malting baley, fresh from the elevator that sells directly to Budweiser

Since using it will be my first all grain brew, Im unsure as to what breed of deliciousness should grace my fermentor
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#1]
You say "malt-ing" barley--has it been "malt-ed" already?  Or is it just the type of barley you use for that process?  You can use unmalted barley but its kind of an adjunct/very small portion of a recipe--you can't use it by itself...

Don't want you to end up with a tub of grain flavored, sugarless water
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
2 row, 4 row, or 6 row?

How about a CAP or CACA
Your Father's Moustache
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 1:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You say "malt-ing" barley--has it been "malt-ed" already?  Or is it just the type of barley you use for that process?  You can use unmalted barley but its kind of an adjunct/very small portion of a recipe--you can't use it by itself...

Don't want you to end up with a tub of grain flavored, sugarless water
View Quote

This...
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
2 row, 4 row, or 6 row?

How about a CAP or CACA
Your Father's Moustache
View Quote

It's 2-row malting barley.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 row, 4 row, or 6 row?

How about a CAP or CACA
Your Father's Moustache

Has it been malted or not though?
If its un-malted malting barley you may have a tough time getting fermentable sugars out if it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top