Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2015 11:07:33 PM EDT
Finally found a place, Northwest Cider Supply, with good prices, good root stock selection and a huge cultivar inventory.  I got 7 apples and 2 pears for now.  A few of the apples are good for eating and cooking as well as cider.  But others and the pears are solely for fermentation.  Mostly semi-dwarf root stock that I will summer prune to keep them smaller.  I did settle for a dwarf in order to try Ashmeads Kernel.

Fun fact. Roxbury Russet is the oldest American apple dating to the early 1600's. Thomas Jefferson grew them at Monticello.  

1 x Ashmeads Kernel = $14.99

Rootstock Geneva 935

Grade 1 Year Whip

1 x Roxbury Russett = $14.99

Rootstock EMLA 7

Grade 1 Year Whip

1 x Stayman Winesap (StWi)  = $14.99

Rootstock EMLA 7

Grade 1 Year Whip

1 x Hendre Huffcap (HeHuff)  = $14.99

Rootstock OHF 333

Grade 1 Year Whip

1 x Yellow Huffcap = $14.99

Rootstock OHF 333

Grade 1 Year Whip

1 x Binet Rouge = $14.99

Rootstock Geneva 30

Grade 1 Year Whip

1 x Golden Russett = $14.99

Rootstock Geneva 30

Grade 1 Year Whip

1 x Karmijn De Sonneville = $24.99

Rootstock Geneva 30

Grade Grade 1

1 x Minnesota 1734 = $14.99

Rootstock EMLA 7

Grade 1 Year Whip

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#1]
None of that made sense to me. But I head the words 'cider' and 'fermentation'. So I approve!

I think making a Perry would be something I'd like to do. The best one I ever had was a perry aged in tequila barrels. So damn good.
I wish I had land and the climate to grow fruit trees.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top