Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2014 7:53:55 PM EDT
I had some Absolute citrus over Thanksgiving, it was pretty good, but I know there's better.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolut citron straight up with 3 olives. You did it right!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not really a fan of flavored vodkas.  YMMV.  My favorite is Bardenay, it's made here in Idaho and about $20 a fifth.  I am not sure if it is available nationally.  Tito's is pretty popular here on Arfcom.  Made in Texas.  Pretty decent, have a bottle cracked at home.

Favorite recipe is a White Russian.  I have some molds for making spheres of ice, pour 4.5 ounces vodka, 1.5 ounces Kahlua, then 1.5 ounces half and half.  For guests that do not care for a strong drink, I cut the vodka to 1.5 ounces.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

On, I didn't do the olives. Good thought for next time. It was very smooth, I was pleasantly surprised.

Quoted:
I am not really a fan of flavored vodkas.  YMMV.  My favorite is Bardenay, it's made here in Idaho and about $20 a fifth.  I am not sure if it is available nationally.  Tito's is pretty popular here on Arfcom.  Made in Texas.  Pretty decent, have a bottle cracked at home.

Favorite recipe is a White Russian.  I have some molds for making spheres of ice, pour 4.5 ounces vodka, 1.5 ounces Kahlua, then 1.5 ounces half and half.  For guests that do not care for a strong drink, I cut the vodka to 1.5 ounces.

That sounds really good. I may have to try that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Chill the Citron first and chill the marini glass as well. Any good bartender will do that!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't tried the Bardenay vodka yet , althogh we go to the Eagle resturant about once a week; great food!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Not being much of a drinker I haven't really tried a ton of different things, but I just can't find any way that I can tolerate vodka other than mixing it with Monster which I don't like doing.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Do a blind taste test on the five premium brands and also Smirnoff and then ask yourself why you are paying premium.  Get the little travel sized bottles and tell us the results.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I haven't tried the Bardenay vodka yet , althogh we go to the Eagle resturant about once a week; great food!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I love the Hagerman trout platter.  I tend to get the Madhatter from the bar, Jim Beam and amaretto with a lime peel in a chilled martini glass.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Drink enough of it, and you will get shitfaced.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Chocolate Cake shots:

Equal parts vodka and Frangelico.
Sugar rimmed gas
Lemon wedge

Lick the glass, do the shot, bite the lemon.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top