Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2014 12:30:35 PM EDT
My family and I will be making two kinds of wine this year. One will be a Super Tuscan style with Sangiovese, cab, and merlot grapes. The other will be will a Bordeaux style utilizing Merlot and Cab grapes. We generally do the Bordeaux style wine every year but decided to try a Super Tuscan since we have an extra vat. Has anyone made a Super Tuscan before? If so how long did you let it age before adding oak chips and or bottling it? What sort of grapes did you use?

Happy wine making everyone!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:07:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not making anything this season. I made WAY too much in the last 18 months, and still haven't had the time to bottle it all. I'll probably do something in the spring when the harvest comes in from Chile, but nothing right now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Count me in!
Probably a Cabernet or Zinfandel, I like the deep dark reds.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you purchase the juice, or press your own grapes?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm making one. But, I'm still experimenting with wines and only use the kits. I've spent too long not brewing and haven't done any beer in about 5-6 years, either.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you purchase the juice, or press your own grapes?
View Quote

No, this one is a Cellar Craft Showcase kit.

I have several different reds bottled, most are all from different wine kits.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The red looks great!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:10:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I've made beer, apfelwein, mead, cider, etc....

I have never made wine.

Should I give it a shot?
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:24:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've made beer, apfelwein, mead, cider, etc....

I have never made wine.

Should I give it a shot?
View Quote
Sure, why not - wine making from a kit is even easier than making beer (making it from grapes is a bit more advanced).

Depending upon what kind of wine you like, time will factor into it.

Deep dark reds will need to age two to four years before drinking, whites and/or sparkling wines maybe only six months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top