Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 11:32:28 AM EDT
My brewing buddy and I are pondering what to brew for our first fall beer. What do you guys plan on brewing? We also just bought 3 kegs, so it will be our first kegged beer. It's going to be exciting all around! Oh, I'm hunting for all grain recipes, by the way.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Saison and Cherry Wheat on tap, and will put a Pumpkin Ale on tap this weekend.  Also will be bottling a Barleywine.

I think any of those would be good fall beers, but probably too late for the barleywine - I've had it in secondary for 3 months now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#2]
10 gallon each blonde ale, American ale (belgium yeast), choc milk stout, 1yo Belgium tripple, wheat wine, plain amber ale and some IPA for a neighboor

I like all my beers to age longer than most and I dont just brew for fall.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#3]
just buy a AG kit then.

To tell you the truth I get more kits than recipes, cheaper. I also can buy a kit and tweek it if I want something different

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
10 gallon each blonde ale, American ale (belgium yeast), choc milk stout, 1yo Belgium tripple, wheat wine, plain amber ale and some IPA for a neighboor

I like all my beers to age longer than most and I dont just brew for fall.
View Quote

You've got a lot going on! We don't brew just for fall either, we just were wanting to make our first 'seasonal' type brew-something to go with the weather. We usually buy kits from Northern Brewer, where do you normally shop?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:08:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

We usually buy kits from Northern Brewer, where do you normally shop?
View Quote
same since they have flat shipping.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I get all my brewing items from www.barleyNvine.com
$6.99 Flat Rate shipping on most everything. Orders ship out same business day on in stock items.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My brewing buddy and I are pondering what to brew for our first fall beer. What do you guys plan on brewing? We also just bought 3 kegs, so it will be our first kegged beer. It's going to be exciting all around! Oh, I'm hunting for all grain recipes, by the way.
View Quote

I have an awesome pecan porter recipe that I only make in the fall..Let me know if you are interested in the recipe.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have an awesome pecan porter recipe that I only make in the fall..Let me know if you are interested in the recipe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be interested please. Always like to have good recipes in the book.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I brewed a pumpkin ale yesterday. It had two pounds of honey and two pounds of maple syrup, along with 6 pounds of canned pumpkin. Turned out great last year.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Bottled my pumpkin ale yesterday. Messed up the mash bad so OG was real low. Final ABV is 3.5% but tasted great.

1 tsp spices at 5 m, 1 tsp at flame out, 1 tsp added to fermentor with 2 cup dark brown sugar, and another tsp added to bottling bucket with pure vanilla extract and a shot of whipped cream vodka.

Going to do an Oktoberfest, but obviously it won't be ready for a few months.

I may do a small 1 gallon imperial pumpkin porter for kicks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Brewing up NB's Smashing Pumpkin tomorrow.
I think im going to try adding some pupmkin in the mash tun
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I have
1 8 month old RIS in bottles carbonating
1 Chocolate Peanut butter stout keg conditioning
1 Chocolate espresso stout batch aging
1 Barley wine batch aging

Dont know if I will do pumpkin this year. I have 10 gallons of IPA to brew for Cola Warrior East and have to do another batch of the RIS since it needs at least 6 months to age.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Making a pumpkin Milk Stout this year.  The best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I just ordered a Caribou Slobber from Northern Brewer. Not quite a seasonal beer, but down her in Arizona, I only drink that type of beer in the colder months. When it's 100 degrees plus, I usually have a crisper type beer. I'm excited, as I really like Moose Drool, so this should be good!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I've got a Black IPA in the Fermenator right now that I'll rack to a keg in the next day or two. The next batch will be a Chocolate Milk Stout followed by some type of Spiced Ale for the holiday season.

I don't know how the Black IPA and the Chololate Stout will turn out as I upgraded my mash/boil setup from a BIAB to a Blichman BrewEasy. A new setup requires a new learning curve.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#16]
OP you will love kegging! Once you keg it will be hard to go back to bottling, well it was for me anyway. Rack from fermenter into keg, tap Co2 crank up PSI to 30-32 let it gas, disconnect Co2, roll keg around on ground for 1-2 minutes or shake like crazy, let sit overnight, vent Co2, and tap at 8 PSI or what ever you have your system balanced for. Some say you dont need to shake or that you need to have it cold. Either way works. Noramally when I kegged a beer I wasn't going to drink it right away anyway so I forced carbed it then put it up. It would sit a month maybe several. But when I tapped it it was always great. If rushed you can brew and beer and be drinking it in 10 days.

As far a beer I got nothing. I would generally brew ahead so when seasons came I something ready. My normal brews were IPA, IIPAs, Bitters, simple Ales, Scotch Ales, Barleywines with an occational Steam tossed in when temps allowed for it. I fermented primarily in my basement as it was perfect year-round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top