Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2014 6:05:32 PM EDT
Hello folks? My Uncle and I are thinking about making a Super Tuscan wine this Sept. We generally make a Merlot/Cab blend that turns out really well. We recently made a Pinot Noir (the taste is nice/smooth) but it needs to age for at least 4-6 months before we bottle it. I'm looking for a good Super Tuscan recipe if anyone should care to share.

I enjoy Super Tuscan wines but the wines I have do not have a recipe/label with the varies grapes blended into the bottle.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry the homemade stuff always tastes like crap...

I gave it up!
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
We have won best in show 2 years in a row, as well as 3rd place the last 4 years. I don't think our wine is bad haha.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a good source for fruit?  That would be the key.  "Super Tuscans" really aren't a fixed recipe, but are a pretty loose description of Sangiovese blended differently, or with a Bordeaux red like Cab Sauv, breaking the old Chianti rules.  If you have some premium fruit to try out, the key would be to create a good blend that has what you are looking for.  That's not something out of a recipe book, but depends on the qualities of the wine you end up blending.

I'd kill for some good quality Sangiovese to work with, it would be a lot of fun to try.

Link Posted: 6/12/2014 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have a good source for fruit?  That would be the key.  "Super Tuscans" really aren't a fixed recipe, but are a pretty loose description of Sangiovese blended differently, or with a Bordeaux red like Cab Sauv, breaking the old Chianti rules.  If you have some premium fruit to try out, the key would be to create a good blend that has what you are looking for.  That's not something out of a recipe book, but depends on the qualities of the wine you end up blending.

I'd kill for some good quality Sangiovese to work with, it would be a lot of fun to try.

View Quote

A place near me as a huge selection from early Sept. to the 2nd. week of October. They have a ton of grapes to choose from. We always press our own grapes, we never buy juice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top