Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2014 1:42:36 PM EDT
That is funny.

I never would have guessed when I was a kid watching Star Trek TNG that I'd be an adult looking at a beer recipe made by Wes Crusher.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/recipe-kits/wil-wheaton-vandaleyespa-extract-beer-kit.html?icn=NBHomepage&ici=WilWheaton-VANDALEYES-02-17-2014_Slide
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Master brewer eh? Meh, whatever....figures it would be an IPA. I thought NB went off the rails with the White House brews but at least there some historical references there. What's next, Rikers Rye or perhaps The Worf's Warrior Prune Porter?
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
He's also a cunt.

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Master brewer eh? Meh, whatever....figures it would be an IPA. I thought NB went off the rails with the White House brews but at least there some historical references there. What's next, Rikers Rye or perhaps The Worf's Warrior Prune Porter?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe it'll be Data's Delusions of Relevancy IPA....
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prune juice was Worf's favorite non-alcoholic drink, so it makes sense.

I would try it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I would try it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would try it.

I'd give it a shot. Just thought the name was funny as shit.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would try it.

Hell, I've brewed stranger stuff, I might give a whirl. Maybe I can come up with a hook for a brewery, maybe even get the Star Trek people engaged.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I propose Data's Delusions of Relevancy Date Dunkle.

("Date" as in the fruit)
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Damn, I never knew kit brewing has gotten so expensive.   $50 for that?
View Quote

The price is way too high. I would give it a shot though, but if at a reasonable price. To me, anything over $40 is high.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The price is way too high. I would give it a shot though, but if at a reasonable price. To me, anything over $40 is high.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, I never knew kit brewing has gotten so expensive.   $50 for that?

Depends what is in it.

FERMENTABLES
--
6 lbs Gold malt syrup (60 min)
--
5 oz Priming Sugar (60 min)
--
3.15 lbs Gold malt syrup (15 min)
HOPS & FLAVORINGS
--
1 oz Chinook (60 min)
--
2 oz Centennial (15 min)
DRY HOPS Add to secondary fermenter one to two weeks before bottling day
--
2 oz Cascade
--
1 oz Centennial
YEAST OPTIONS
--
DRY YEAST (DEFAULT):
Safale US-05 Ale Yeast. Optimum temp: 59–75° F

Try and build that piece by piece on NBs site. The 9lbs of gold malt is $26. 6oz of hops is $15, that makes it $41 just for the malt and hops. Add the yeast and priming sugar and you are about $46. The price of the kit is not unreasonable given the ingredients, and given that you think the price of the individual ingredients are reasonable.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#13]
What a boring recipe, what, did they give him 3 minutes to think it up?

Lets see, a little caramunich (that's the only thing that is a bit different), whatever the hell gold extract is, and cascade, centennial, Columbus with 3oz dry hopping with 1056/001 yeast.   Don't get me wrong, those hops and 001 yeast will make damn good beer every time if done right, but I would hope I came with something more interesting for my "signature" home brew recipe.

Anyway, holy crap on the price is right, too.  I forgot just how much extract costs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top