what recipe did you use?
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Now I need to make some more.
View Quote
I don't believe you.  Ship me a case for verification.

All-grain I presume?  What yeasties did you use?

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I make it as a smash. Nothing but Pils and saaz.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what recipe did you use?

I make it as a smash. Nothing but Pils and saaz.

Details, yo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Good choice in beer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds cool.  I finally tried it recently, but it was too bitter(?) for my taste.  Good to hear that you can clone it though!  If I ever figure out what I'm going to do, then I want to clone Grolsch.  Have you ever made any clone recipes of it?
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

PU has a rather unique dryness to it. I wouldn't call it bitter, but I can see some not liking it.  There's plenty of beer out there that I don't like either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds cool.  I finally tried it recently, but it was too bitter(?) for my taste.  Good to hear that you can clone it though!

PU has a rather unique dryness to it. I wouldn't call it bitter, but I can see some not liking it.  There's plenty of beer out there that I don't like either.

After tasting one of your cigars, I'm afraid of some things you might like!  J/K!!!

Do you like/have you ever tried Grolsch?  I was going to use their swingtop bottles for homebrew, and then accidentally discovered I really liked it  before I got them all empty.  I can't get the swingtops now though.

Maybe you can dig a beer cellar at the cabin after you close on it.

ETA: and plant hops too!
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got my pilsner urquell clone at the tail end of its lagering. I'm ready to bottle it up and try it out.  

As so far it's spot on.

I have the recipe on my PC if anyone is interested.  I created the recipe from the info given at the company website, it provided the grain types, the target IBU, and the hop schedule, I simply took that and base grain recipes from appropriate recipe types, tweaked to flavor and brewed it.  Since I do not do decoctions I used an extra pound of Vienna malt to give it that needed "Bready" flavor.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I assume you use the PU yeast?  How does that perform?  And what is your water design?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top