Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2013 5:54:23 PM EDT
Last summer I made  apple pie using Everclear and apple juice other misc things and like a dumb ass I didn't rite things down.

Any help would be appreciated !!

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Yup, looks like what I've done in the past. That recipe will end up with about 9 quarts of 11% ABV/22 proof apple pie.

Only comment I have on the recipe is that some people prefer to leave the cinnamon sticks in at initial bottling. This will produce a stronger cinnamon flavor and is personal preference.

Make sure your mixture is sufficiently cooled prior to adding the Everclear. Alcohol boils off at 170F, and you don't want to lose any of the alcohol.

Also, start with less sugar, you can always add more. Last year, my mix was too sugary, almost undrinkable. Taste a sample during the boil to see how it is before you add too much sugar.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#3]
The last batch I made (using 100 proof Vodka as I can't get Everclear around here) was, off the top of my head, a gallon of apple juice, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and quartered apples. That simmered on the stove for a few hours. I chilled it, removed the cinnamon, added the vodka then put in jars while it was warm (but not so hot as to cook off the alcohol). Put the lids on and chilled so the lids popped in.
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I wanna try making this stuff. I think I shall pick up some everclear and some apple juice. Maybe get drunk. I haven't been drunk in 16 years, even after brewing 12 gallons of mead.

https://googledrive.com/host/0B1fw9o0Ias3OUkJNUFhiREYyQjQ

https://googledrive.com/host/0B1fw9o0Ias3OOUVtbnpjNnVTZ1k
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#5]
My recipe is similar to the link but I use brown sugar.  Gets a better color.  If apple cider is unavailable you can double up on juice, lessen the sugar and add cloves and powdered cinnamon to the recipe.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's my recipe. Mine is plenty strong and will sneak up on you

1 gallon apple juice

2 cans (12) oz. apple juice
concentrate

3 cups sugar

6-8 cinnamon sticks

750 ml EverClear (moonshine if available)

·     Mix apple juice, apple juice concentrate, sugar
and cinnamon sticks in large pot.

·    
Bring mixture to boil and then let simmer for
20 minutes (until it starts to thicken a little).

·    
Let cool completely to room temperature

·    
Add EverClear, mix well

·    
Pour into bottles or mason jars and seal
right away.

Link Posted: 2/6/2014 12:47:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I take 2 jugs of filtered apple cider, 1 jug of regular apple juice, 2 cups sugar and 3 cinnamon sticks and bring it to a boil. Then shut it off and let it cool to room temp. Pour in however much everclear you want. I use just about a 750mL bottle. More like 500mL. Its the best. Cant even taste the alcohol but after a big warm glass you'll feel a little buzz. Great drink before going to bed too!
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#8]
if you use frozen apple juice, you can shitcann the extra sugar and long boil times.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 2:39:20 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_171/1355083_Canning_Apple_pie_with_Everclear.html

1/2 gallon apple juice
1 1/2 gallonfresh apple cider
1 quart Everclear® alcohol
2-4 cups sugar
3 - 4 cinnamon sticks

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I made a half batch of this recipe earlier this week, substituting the granulated sugar with brown.  It turned out well, but I imagine it would be even better with fresh, unfiltered juice and cider.  Next batch I might go all cider for my tastes.

Probably overkill, but I sterilized my empty jars and rings in a water bath before filling.  The jars sealed fine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#11]
This is the recipe I used for the best Apple Pie I've made to date.

5 qts Apple Cider
5 qts Apple Juice
1.5 cups white sugar
2.5 cups brown sugar
14 cinnamon sticks

Bring to a boil and let cool.  Use an ice cube water bath to cool quicker.  The juice mix needs to be at or below room temperature before the alcohol is added.  Once cool, mix in

1500ml Everclear 190 proof
500ml Vanilla Vodka

Stir well.  Pour into sanitized mason jars.  Add 1 cinnamon stick to each quart jar.  Drink as is or let mellow a month or so.

Should yield 14 qts of 12% ABV "moonshine"

(1500x.95)+(500x.35)/13250=12%

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#12]
This is my first time making an apple pie recipie and I am using 140 proof liquor.  I have a gallon of each and what I want to know is if I mix at a 1:1 ratio it will be around 70 proof correct?  I know it would be if I was using water but I used organic apple juice and a bit of dark amber syrup and misc spices that I boiled down to a more concentrated mix.  I have not added alcohol yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top