You can sign up for it online.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the link

found it

Class starts January 13. I'm signed up
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
What's OU? Oakland University? Oklahoma University?

ETA: Figured it out...Oklahoma University.

I'm signed up as well and have passed it along to my fellow homebrewers in real life.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm signed up as well and have passed it along to my fellow homebrewers in real life.
View Quote

We can form a study group! It will consist of drinking a lot of beer.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the link

found it

Class starts January 13. I'm signed up
View Quote

Fuck, I don't know why I didn't put a link in.  I copied it.  I just didn't add it.  

For those who asked it's Oklahoma univeristy.  You know, steers and queers, and piss poor football teams.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 4:12:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, I have to drink beer for this?! I may even have to homebrew some more batches!?! Dammit!
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 5:06:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Shit, I have to drink beer for this?! I may even have to homebrew some more batches!?! Dammit!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the side effects of this might be you actually get better at making beer.
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 7:04:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

One of the side effects of this might be you actually get better at making beer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn!
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:26:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Less than a month until this starts. I'm curious to see where it goes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, if it's anything like other online classes I've taken, initially it will be met with great enthusiasm and then people will stop "attending" classes
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell yeah. Signed up
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well, if it's anything like other online classes I've taken, initially it will be met with great enthusiasm and then people will stop "attending" classes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sort of like real college classes?  
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 4:16:35 AM EDT
[#12]
11 day bump! Still time to sign up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Signed up.  I kinda figured there would be a charge or something for it.  Kinda confused me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Signed up.  I kinda figured there would be a charge or something for it.  Kinda confused me.
View Quote

At the the end of the course, for extra credit they will ask you to cheer for their football team.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

At the the end of the course, for extra credit they will ask you to cheer for their football team.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck it...I'm out.  I knew it was too good to be true.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Today is the day. Watched my videos and got in on the discussion.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Today is the day. Watched my videos and got in on the discussion.
View Quote

Cool, I was on there this morning and nothing had been posted. Looking forward to watching it tonight
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Videos were pretty good.  The discussion was interesting to read.  I'm curious to see how much it drops off over the next few classes.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Videos were pretty good.  The discussion was interesting to read.  I'm curious to see how much it drops off over the next few classes.
View Quote

based on my experience with other online classes, I'd say 75% or so
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#20]
The evening rush has apparently begun... the site is breaking a lot. Videos are timing out, clicking on things does nothing...
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#21]
That site sucked this afternoon too.  I think it was designed by college professors.  It runs the way people would think one should run, if they didn't know how a good website runs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That site sucked this afternoon too.  I think it was designed by college professors.  It runs the way people would think one should run, if they didn't know how a good website runs.
View Quote

Worse, it was probably designed by the CS students who couldn't get internships at real companies.

It's totally unusable right now. Won't even load.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I couldn't get my quiz results to submit
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

It tells me it's not available until the 21st.

ETA:  I see it now, but it won't open the new page.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The quiz wasn't available this morning.

I'm waiting to see all the Arfcom references (ex: 87, Get both, etc.) in the discussions.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#26]
This is actually a bump...

How is everyone doing in the course?  It's a little more in depth than I thought in the beginning.  I'm struggling through proteins and lipids at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How is everyone doing in the course?  It's a little more in depth than I thought in the beginning.  I'm struggling through proteins and lipids at the moment.
View Quote

I get really annoyed at how quickly the videos go with the slides only visible for a few seconds. I have to pause it constantly so I can finish writing down my notes. At this point I'm at least roughly familiar with everything that's going on from previous studies in all grain brewing, though this is a lot more detailed.

Also the way the instructor pronounces aymlase bugs me
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I get really annoyed at how quickly the videos go with the slides only visible for a few seconds. I have to pause it constantly so I can finish writing down my notes. At this point I'm at least roughly familiar with everything that's going on from previous studies in all grain brewing, though this is a lot more detailed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought it was amylopectin not amylopictin as he pronounces it.  It might just be a steers and queers thing from Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I thought it was amylopectin not amylopictin as he pronounces it.  It might just be a steers and queers thing from Oklahoma.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it's amylopectin. I like to hear yl pronounced as "il" and not "yill" but maybe that's just me

I was watching another video the other day (about bio cycles in an aquaponics setup) and the guy kept pronouncing nitrate exactly the same as nitrite. THAT was annoying.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 6:03:50 AM EDT
[#30]
So, how is everyone doing in the class?

Did you see there are over 8K people taking this class.  

Anyway, I took the quiz Wednesday, I made a yeast starter yesterday, and plan on brewing an American Light lager this weekend.  

Life is good.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So, how is everyone doing in the class?

Did you see there are over 8K people taking this class.  

Anyway, I took the quiz Wednesday, I made a yeast starter yesterday, and plan on brewing an American Light lager this weekend.  

Life is good.
View Quote

Ha...Haha. I haven't even looked at it. Been too busy, hopefully the course materials will remain available for when I can get some spare time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top