Previous Page
Page:  / 12
Author
Assistant to the Regional Manager
Posted: 3/24/2009 4:42:04 PM
[Last Edit: 10/21/2010 4:42:30 PM by --bullseye--]

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
Note: The embed feature is only available to Team members.

FIREFOX INSTRUCTIONS

(Also works w/ Google Chrome)

For this tutorial to work, you must be using the newer 'advanced' post editor (now called "WYSIWYG"). If you would like to continue using the 'Plain' (Classic) editor you just need to type the embed code yourself- see Tony-Ri's tutorial video at the bottom of this post.

If you have not done so already, you can change to the "WYSIWYG" ("What You See Is What You Get") editor by doing the following:

1. Click on your screen name in the upper left hand corner of this window (the "Login" spot).

2. Directly above the "User Biography" space, there is a "Change Preferences" button. Click it.

3. Third choice down from the top in Preferences is an "Editor Default" option. Change that to "WYSIWYG Editor".

4. Click "Submit" at the bottom of the Preferences window once you have selected the WYSIWYG editor.

OK, once you've switched to the WYSIWYG editor, this is how to embed YouTube videos:

Step 1:

Copy the URL (NOT the "Embed" link!!!) for the YouTube video you would like to post-

Step 2:

Click the "Flash" button in the reply editor (NOT the Windows Media icon)-

Step 3:

Paste the URL into the "Source" line of the Flash window-

Step 4:

Leave everything else in the window alone, it defaults to the proper width/height/etc. Click "OK"-

Step 5:

Something like this will now show in your reply. Just click "Submit" (note: if you're going to put text in your reply as well, put it above the embedded video. I've found that text written below it will actually show up alongside the embedded video itself, which just looks weird)-

Step 6:

You're done!

IE8 INSTRUCTIONS (Courtesy of jdb3)

Originally Posted By jdb3:
TRY THIS
I'm using Internet Explorer 8.
Plain/classic style editor. (In your AR15.COM profile)
You are putting the following info in your text area. It's not going to be a link or anything special. Just put the info in just like you would if you were typing a repsonse.
The >>> and <<< are just there to point out things and are not part of the process.

Step 1: Copy and save this>>> flash width=' 425px' height=' 344px' src='Youtube Link' <<<I'm computer illiterate and saved it in a word document.

Step 2: Delete the part in blue>>> flash width=' 425px' height=' 344px' src='Youtube Link'

Step 3: You should now have>>> flash width=' 425px' height=' 344px' src='' <<< You can skip this by just saving it without youtube link. It's there for instructional purposes.

Step 4: Copy the URL from youtube. This is in the upper right corner of the video in the description box. It should look like>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpIj6zyehOU <<<

Step 5: Paste the URL between the apostrophe marks where youtube link used to be. Should look like>>> flash width=' 425px' height=' 344px' src='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpIj6zyehOU'

Step 6: Now we are going to add [ and ] to each end of>>> flash width=' 425px' height=' 344px' src='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpIj6zyehOU'

Now you should have>>> [flash width=' 425px' height=' 344px' everything except me in blue src='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpIj6zyehOU'] The blue text stuff is in there to keep the link dead for instructional purposes

When it looks like that, click submit. You will not be able to preview it.

How to embed Youtube, Liveleak, Vimeo, and Facebook videos (Courtesy of Tony-Ri)

The below video shows how to embed videos from a number of sources using the 'Plain' (Classic) post editor. To post Liveleak/Vimeo/Facebook videos using the WYSIWYG editor just obtain the source URL for the Liveleak/Vimeo/Facebook video as shown in Tony-Ri's video (below). Once you obtain that URL just go about embedding like you normally would with the WYSIWYG editor using the Flash button. Simply copy the URL you obtained into the Source line (remember to modify the width/height as necessary for different sources).

"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog." Dwight Schrute The Office (NBC)
Phil_in_Seattle
©
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/26/2009 3:39:45 PM
I saw this in GD. Great work.

Can I copy it as a content/resource item with credit to you? This would make it accessible from a link.

If so I'd like to copy the screen captures to AR15s photo server.
--bullseye--
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/26/2009 4:47:51 PM
[Last Edit: 1/18/2010 6:37:08 PM by --bullseye--]

Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle:
I saw this in GD. Great work.

Can I copy it as a content/resource item with credit to you? This would make it accessible from a link.

If so I'd like to copy the screen captures to AR15s photo server.

Sure thing, copy it to wherever you think it would be most helpful!
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog." Dwight Schrute The Office (NBC)
flynlr
Yeah I killed Kenny,,
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2009 6:43:26 AM
too bad every time my firefox sees an embedded youtube vid it crashes.. now this only happens at ar-15.com a youtube vid or any other vid embedded on a page at ANY! other site will not blow
up my firefox. the simple solution is instead of running custom software for the boards maybe you can try out one of the several error free boards PHP based etc on the market.

this and the threads that dont load without refreshes error are exclusive to AR-15.com .

on the other hand I really like the backdoors that get me in here.
AMABO KCUF SYAS HATU

oh and FU A-ROCK and B-ROCK
--bullseye--
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2009 12:01:31 PM

Originally Posted By flynlr:
too bad every time my firefox sees an embedded youtube vid it crashes.. now this only happens at ar-15.com a youtube vid or any other vid embedded on a page at ANY! other site will not blow
up my firefox. the simple solution is instead of running custom software for the boards maybe you can try out one of the several error free boards PHP based etc on the market.

this and the threads that dont load without refreshes error are exclusive to AR-15.com .

on the other hand I really like the backdoors that get me in here.

Hmm. I've never had a problem with Firefox. I'm running that latest version/update (3.0.7). Are you running an up to date version as well?

All those crashes could really get annoying...
LuvBUSHmaster
ESTO VIR "Be a Man"
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2009 10:02:23 AM
Ahhh, thanks.

"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Speak softly and carry a big stick - Teddy Roosevelt
Popobawa
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2009 9:00:09 PM
Is it the wysiwyg editor that is team member only, in which case there may be board code we moochers can type to embed videos? If so ... team members ... what happens if you embed a video, change your settings back to the non fancy editor and then click edit on your post. do you get embed board code non-team could try?
DJinGA
FNG
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/18/2009 5:37:57 PM
[Last Edit: 6/18/2009 6:31:31 PM by DJinGA]
Cannot make youtube videos show, despite following these instructions.

Flash > insert URL > Ok > submit. Just get a big blank area in my post.

Stilll not working. IE8.
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. "
- Thomas Jefferson
Hendricks5150
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/19/2009 9:43:46 PM

Quarterbore
www.Quarterbore.com
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/23/2009 3:34:04 PM

Time to make a donation and become a paying member
www.Quarterbore.net
My guns are not worth your life, but freedom and liberty are worth mine
midwinter
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/27/2009 9:09:12 AM
thanks for the interweb lesson.
Martyr Magnet
burbanite
Apprentice Activist
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/30/2009 8:17:44 PM

Originally Posted By Quarterbore:

Time to make a donation and become a paying member
I'm a Team Member and I don't have anything above the text box...

Had a great signature but now it is "too long"...

كافر
Cavalry99
Lost in space
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/1/2009 2:25:49 PM
You cannot even help yourself because yourself sucks.
smokiexd45
Prepared American
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/1/2009 9:09:43 PM
Ok, I tried everything and still no go. this is what my editor looks like. it looks nothing like the images that I have seen of the screenshots of others. wtf am i doing wrong?
If someone kills you with your own gun, they better have to beat you to death with it because at that point, it should be empty.

The Second Amendment is in place in case the government ignores the others.

..-. ..- -.-. -.-/--- -... .- -- .-
--bullseye--
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/1/2009 10:27:47 PM

Originally Posted By smokiexd45:
Ok, I tried everything and still no go. this is what my editor looks like. it looks nothing like the images that I have seen of the screenshots of others. wtf am i doing wrong?
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh174/smokiesmokie/001.jpg

I'm no Internet Explorer guru. I gave up on that browser 4+ years ago. Someone else might be of more help.

If you were to download Firefox you would most likely not have any problems embedding videos... You'd also be using a faster, more secure browser that is (in my opinion) much more user friendly than IE.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html?from=getfirefox

Over 47% of web surfers use Firefox...

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
"I did fall on my sword once. I was running with it in my belt. Won't happen again." Dwight Schrute, 'The Office' (NBC)
ChuckyT
Uncle Taurus
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/8/2009 3:35:39 PM
old school tag
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."

- Ronald Reagan
flynlr
Yeah I killed Kenny,,
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2009 3:05:38 AM
[Last Edit: 7/9/2009 3:10:48 AM by flynlr]
now even with 3.5 guess what.. FF still blows up when a Video is embedded ONLY on this forum.. I read about 40 forums and every news site under the sun.

no blow ups. only embedded vids from arfcom. also still getting the waiting to load sometimes while opening new threads as tabs,

attached is a list of addons I use. maybe that has something to do with-it.
Application: Firefox 3.5 (20090624025744)
Operating System: WINNT (x86-msvc)

- Adblock Plus 1.0.2 "disabled on ar15.com"
- AI Roboform Toolbar for Firefox 6.9.95
- BugMeNot 2.1
- DownloadHelper 4.5
- DownThemAll! 1.1.4
- Extension List Dumper 1.14.2
- FEBE 6.1
- Flagfox 3.3.13
- Flashblock 1.5.11.2 disabled on arfcom
- Forecastfox 0.9.10.1
- IE View 1.4.3
- NoScript 1.9.5 :disabled on arfcom
- PDF Download 2.2.0.2
- Remove It Permanently 1.0.6.6
- Site Information Tool 1.2
- Tab Mix Plus 0.3.7.4pre.090516

my Hosts file does have zillions of ad sights blocked but I see every ad here on arfcom and use them alot.
AMABO KCUF SYAS HATU

oh and FU A-ROCK and B-ROCK
sunman76
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2009 2:42:09 PM
when God ran
Luke 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
70roadrunner
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/2/2009 1:14:47 AM
[Last Edit: 8/2/2009 1:15:21 AM by 70roadrunner]

waafist
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/14/2009 2:14:50 PM
tagged
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Gatorhunt
Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2009 6:54:31 AM
taggity
"I love animals.. they`re delicious" Ted N.
GunnyG
A 45 yr old retiree, back in the classroom
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/18/2009 11:19:30 PM
[Last Edit: 9/25/2009 12:15:16 PM by GunnyG]

Originally Posted By DJinGA:
Cannot make youtube videos show, despite following these instructions.

Flash > insert URL > Ok > submit. Just get a big blank area in my post.

http://www.ar15.com/lib/editor/img/trans.gif

Stilll not working. IE8.

IE8.... THAT must be my issue.... I was able to embed before, but not since.
“A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.”
MINOBARN
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/19/2009 2:37:20 PM
"Come out to the coast. We'll get together... have a few laughs." -- John McClane.
2A373
Desk Bound Eagle Keeper
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2009 11:02:31 PM

2A373
Desk Bound Eagle Keeper
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2009 11:03:58 PM
Fucking IE8

2A373
Desk Bound Eagle Keeper
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2009 11:28:28 PM

2A373
Desk Bound Eagle Keeper
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/28/2009 11:29:21 PM
Firefox FTW

hondaciv
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2009 3:52:24 PM
History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
hondaciv
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2009 3:53:12 PM
History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
hondaciv
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2009 3:57:08 PM
Can someone help me figure out how to embed liveleak videos? I cant figure it out.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
--bullseye--
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2009 10:30:45 PM

Originally Posted By hondaciv:
Can someone help me figure out how to embed liveleak videos? I cant figure it out.

I've been trying for a while. Can't seem to get it to work...I'm stumped.
"In the wild, there is no health care. In the wild, health care is, 'Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me. I'm dead.' Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion. You're dead." Dwight Schrute
anotherhession
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/4/2009 2:32:54 PM

fiver
Irregular Combatant
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2009 12:47:44 AM
One thing I've noticed with embedded youtube, is that you cannot put text BELOW the video. If you type anything below it ends up on the right side.

I tried a few tricks to get make it work, and honestly in the grand scheme I guess it ain't that important. If anyone has the technique let me know.

berto187
Burly_Won
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2009 2:01:07 AM
If a criminal attacks me homicidally, isn't that God's will? Maybe.
But if God allows you to fight back, is that also not God's will?
The Truth About Self Protection, Massad Ayoob, pg 223
Jetlag
I pity the fool.
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2009 2:47:50 AM
[Last Edit: 9/24/2009 6:35:43 PM by Jetlag]

Originally Posted By ––bullseye––:

Originally Posted By hondaciv:

I've been trying for a while. Can't seem to get it to work...I'm stumped.

Seems to be Youtube only

Always Think Forfeiture
My right to keep and bear weapons of mass destruction shall not be infringed!
alpha23niner
Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/18/2009 5:40:54 PM
[Last Edit: 9/18/2009 5:41:51 PM by alpha23niner]

Working wtih IE8 also... can't use anything else because I'm at work. No dice for me either.
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen is to go about repeating the very phrases our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." C. A. Beard 1874-1948
bradinator
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/18/2009 8:40:17 PM
[Last Edit: 9/18/2009 8:42:59 PM by bradinator]
How do I use the advanced editor to embed? I don't have the options that are pictured.
never mind I reread the first post and saw the directions.

AJ-IN-JAX
Get the F*%# away from my coffee!!
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/24/2009 3:07:01 PM

Originally Posted By fiver:
One thing I've noticed with embedded youtube, is that you cannot put text BELOW the video. If you type anything below it ends up on the right side.

I tried a few tricks to get make it work, and honestly in the grand scheme I guess it ain't that important. If anyone has the technique let me know.

No shit, how the FUCK do I get vid and text to look like the thread PREVIEW!!?!?!

"There are other issues involved, besides questions of fact." ~ Atlas Shrugged

-------

"Because free men will never consent to give up the means of defending their liberties."
Phil_in_Seattle
©
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/24/2009 5:22:03 PM
Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:

Originally Posted By fiver:

No shit, how the FUCK do I get vid and text to look like the thread PREVIEW!!?!?!

Put 30 carriage returns between a video and anything that you wanted posted below it, either text or another video.
StandardDeviation
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2009 8:31:23 PM
"queer bait, cock holstering, cum gargling, primate pumping, ass rangering, vaginal blot clotting, pole polishing, phallus fondling, scrotum sucking, rubber wristed, fucking tards!" --TexRdnec
ch1966
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2009 5:02:24 AM
[Last Edit: 10/5/2009 5:04:08 AM by ch1966]

“When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.” - Ronald Reagan
Gatorhunt
Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2009 9:35:46 PM
Test
"I love animals.. they`re delicious" Ted N.
Sixguns4Fighting
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/6/2009 1:24:57 AM
[Last Edit: 10/6/2009 1:27:23 AM by Sixguns4Fighting]
I am having some trouble. Try it again.

VFW - Life Member
NRA - Endowment Life Member
NMLRA - Life Member
Sixguns4Fighting
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/6/2009 1:27:50 AM
For some reason it will not work for me.
VFW - Life Member
NRA - Endowment Life Member
NMLRA - Life Member
italianwjt
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/10/2009 2:35:57 PM
test

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan

"What seems to the the officer problem?" Stan Marsh
italianwjt
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/10/2009 2:58:03 PM
test with firefox

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan

"What seems to the the officer problem?" Stan Marsh
Pepsi
bumpy knuckles
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2009 2:59:30 AM
Just found this thread. Thank you very much!
"It's threads like these that make this site more and more like Arfcom. Some of you guys need to grow the fuck up." - Taken from another forum.
angelbeast6
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/27/2009 3:52:48 PM
[Last Edit: 10/27/2009 3:53:40 PM by angelbeast6]
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=29005071
zaskar017
Will not drink the Kool-Aid
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2009 2:20:45 PM
[Last Edit: 11/30/2009 9:00:17 PM by zaskar017]

TZapp
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/4/2009 11:38:31 PM
IE 8 ....no embedding. Has anyone found a work around or a solution to this problem?

Thanks
possum5885
in a constant state of confusion
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/7/2009 5:40:14 PM
“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." HST

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

DTA

In God we trust.....................all others pay cash.
  Previous Page
Page:  / 12