Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2016 3:41:38 PM EDT
I'm looking for a way to pull range data from a rangefinder and onto a microcontrollers. One of the proposed rangefinders is a Wilcox RAPTAR ES (because civvie). I've been back and forth-ing with a guy (Mr./Mrs. Jaimie Bougetz-Cross at TNVC who has a contact at Wilcox) who says they don't have anything that exists for this application (via Mr. Lasky at TNVC). I'm sure if an input/output port exists on it there is a way to extract the range data. Will I have to build my own RS-232 cable or should I abandon all hope that this will work and go with the other options available? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:15:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you going to try and spice into the lcd screen data because I don't think the raptor has any other type of port you can pull data from.  Sounds interesting but I would look at other options, and are they selling that model to civies meet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top