Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2015 1:06:27 AM EDT

I followed the example in the books but yet my prof says I am wrong.

Q1:Assume the speed of vehicles along a stretch of I-10 has an approximately normal distribution with a mean of 71 mph and a standard deviation of 8 mph.

a. The current speed limit is 65 mph. What is the proportion of vehicles less than or equal to the speed limit?

b. What proportion of the vehicles would be going less than 50 mph?

Seems that missed c and d but prof gave me credit for other partially correct answers.

Still pissed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you use your calculator or tables from the books?  My prof had us round to 4 places, brutal if yours makes you go father, for no reason really.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#2]
... especially since the mean and SD are only given to one or two significant digits.

I would have failed you for using so many insignificant digits.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top