Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2015 12:18:36 PM EDT
Did you know that Raspian, the Debian-based operating system for Raspberry Pi, comes with the Wolfram programming language AND Mathematica?

I use it for other things, but saw that when I was configuring it and was floored.  They never used to be even a little lenient with licenses. I once received a copy as an award, but they had donated a 'student edition' and wouldn't activate it because I graduated.

Now for $35 you get a (now faster, second-generation) computer and an OS that includes mma -- only the second one to include mma, with the first being the NeXT machine in the early 1990s.

Haven't tried to see if it will run on raspian if you run it in a VM or try to install on another device.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Thought most people had moved away from MMA to Matlab/R?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The math tools available now for free are amazing.

Python + Numpy + Scipy + Matplotlib = 100% Awesome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top