Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2014 4:46:24 PM EDT
Been years since I used it in college. Do they still use it or is there something better out there?
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 12:46:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, its still used in college and, yes, there are better things out there.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Are they free, and what are they called?

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couldn't tell you any names.  I've never played with them myself.  You might want to look into EveryCircuit if you have an Android or IOS device.  Same idea as PSpice but more intuitive.  There's a free version and a more capable paid version.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:40:53 AM EDT
[#4]
My first circuits class wsa in 2010. We used PSPICE. By 2013 they had upgraded to a new version and no one could figure out how to use it. There was no component libraries. TA's, instructors, students, no one could figure it out. We eventually gave up and used Cadence. Have a fun time trying to buy Cadence.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#5]
It is still pretty common ORCAD (Cadance) or Mentor Graphics are pretty common. I have used this which is free for a limited size and it has been very good for little designs

http://www.simetrix.co.uk/site/index.html
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#6]
It's still used. Though from my experience it's poop. I prefer to use MultiSim or LTSpice.Though with MultiSim it's expensive. I'm running LTSpice on my laptop for my Electrical Engineering classes.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#7]
There are far better 'wrappers' available to generate the input file for PSPICE.

It remains at the core of the analysis tool (if well hidden) because it is so easily adaptable.

Temperature a problem?
Put in look up tables to adjust device parameters over temperature.
Vibration sensitivity (like crystal oscillators)?
Put in equations or linear or non-linear tables.

How do you produce a physical stain to adjust band-gap voltages that re,ains stable over tempertaure ?
SiGe.
The difference in the atomic bonding radii produces a stable strain for you.
How do you model it initially?
PSPICE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top