Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2013 7:35:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 7:45:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Everybody has a stance. Why is that one so bad compared to something else pushed by someone else?

Slanted views on network TV? Impossible!

Link Posted: 6/23/2013 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]
God said it and BANG it happened!
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 6:09:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I believe Hawking discussed this in A Brief History of Time.  He talks about a creator starting the big bang but once started the creator was outside the event horizon and became nothing more than an observer.
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe Hawking discussed this in A Brief History of Time.  He talks about a creator starting the big bang but once started the creator was outside the event horizon and became nothing more than an observer.

They also discovered a biological Big Bang that I find interesting.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]

No the bible was written by men wishing to oppress the peasants.  

This thread needs to be moved to the religion section. Keep science and math just that.
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 4:55:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No the bible was written by men wishing to oppress the peasants.  

This thread needs to be moved to the religion section. Keep science and math just that.
View Quote

1) The Bible was written by the oppressed and the persecuted.

2) This thread is about the existence of a creator at the time of the Big Bang which even some of the world's premier scientists give credence to.  Very different discussion from religion.
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 5:02:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't consult the Bible on matters of science, any more that I consult a science or math book on matters of eternal salvation.

The subjects are not wholly incompatible nor mutually exclusive, of course, but IMHO trying to prove or disprove either one with the other is an exercise in futility.

YMMV, as always.

View Quote

This is a very good point. One will never prove or disprove the other. Studying science helps to show me the infinite wisdom of God, personally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top