User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread is useless without pics of engineering chicks.

Heck back in my day, we had our own Engineering groupies.   Will never forget "Oscilating Jen" who's hooters jiggled in a siusoidal motion 90-degrees out of phase.
View Quote

Hows this?  Fellow ME, we dated for a while after building some FSAE cars together.

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Girls outnumber guys nearly 3-1 at my university (the vast majority of which are easily at least a 7 or 8 ). In the engineering department I believe the ratio is about 20-1 guys to girls in upper level classes. Freshman year it was close to 1-1, but the number drops exponentially the further you get into the program. The good news is that even senior EGR girls are usually quite attractive.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I graduated EE, I remember freshmen year there was about 10% girls in the classes.

I believe when I graduated there were something like 3, not percent, but 3 females who graduated.  I'd have to look at graduation handouts to see the names, but yeah it was something like 3.
View Quote
Women always have trouble with math...Calc 1,2,3 Differential equations very few girls go that route
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I graduated in 1988.  Of the 25 or so people who started in ME, one was a female (very attractive).  By the time we graduated, our class was down to about a baker's dozen.  The girl made it all the way through, then took a PR job with a defense contractor.  One of our ancient, and beloved, instructors was always giving her shit for being a "girl" engineer.  One day, I was in his office shooting the breeze and said it was a wonder he didn't get his ass sued off.  He smiled and said before she started, her dad, who was also a student of his way back when, called him and told him to get her used to being in a male dominated field.  So he obliged.  She never once complained.  She and I were the only students to ace our structures course. She was sharp as she was good looking, which was GOOD!  I thought it sad that she wasted all that talent doing PR, but I bet the pay was terrific!
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Within the past couple of months, I spent some time at Univ of MD, Penn State, and Georgia Tech.

Yeah, generally appears to be <10% females in the engineering disciplines, just like when I was earning my degrees.

Link Posted: 1/19/2014 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Sad truth... Started off freshman year with 7/90 females in my class and program, we're down to 3 or 4/60 or so...
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a ME degree from PSU.

Most of my classes had around 75-100 people. Only about 5-6 were girls.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top