Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2013 11:42:04 AM EDT
I am investigating the online math education program with Western Governors University program link .

I have a SOLID background in the basics of mathematics and have already taken classes up to calculus II plus some vector analysis. I am not the fastest learner on this planet but I am a strong self study and like to know how things work. My studies have shown me how much I have come to enjoy mathematics.

The six month terms of this program are encouraging and if I entered it would expect 2 or 3 years to complete.

Any ideas on what questions I should be asking them or myself? The accreditation looks good (but I wouldn't know).

I am working on my house so it won't require any efforts for a long time and will start reviewing my concepts up thru calculus II. I expect the house and the review process to take several months.

Open to all input,

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure it is accredited and that the courses could transfer to an on campus school.
You have to have the self motivation to carry through the semester. Why are the semesters 6 months ?
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#2]
One of my Masters degrees is through WGU in Chemistry (Secondary ed).  It took 2 yrs to the day to complete my program.  I was already teaching prior to going after the degree but it helped.  Some classes were easy and others were a PITA.   Make sure WA state SDE is cool with it and go for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top