Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2017 10:11:26 AM EDT
Tried it once, but the BBQ sauce and juice from the chicken just made a pool under the meat.
Tasted OK, but I just couldn't get the sauce to stay on the meat.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure, but I think the wife waits until the end to put sauce on it and carmelizes it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure, but I think the wife waits until the end to put sauce on it and carmelizes it.
View Quote
Do this. If you're limited to the oven, put it on at the end, turn up the heat a little bit, and use convection (if you have it) to help drive off moisture.

Obviously, don't let it burn
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I bread mine salt, pepper, and Oregano, bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Then add BBQ sauce(i make home made BBQ) on top of the chicken. Bake another 10 to 15 minutes to thicken up the BBQ sauce. I do the same thing to pork chops. Been doing this 40 years.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Bake first when the skins are nice and crispy, turn the broiler on if you have an oven with it sauce em up and run them under the broiler for a fewminutes but you gotta watchem to not burn the sauce.

I usually cook in a electric pressure cooker first, then uder the broiler, the skins not as crispy, but the legs and thighs we buy arent as geasy and the meat is falling of the bone.  This method is FAST and easy clean up too. Good luck. BBQ in the oven is never the same as on the grill, but sometimes you just have too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd probably call it chicken with bbq sauce, not "bbq chicken" which implies something that is smoked or at minimum grilled, but yes, you can sauce oven roasted chicken. Usually you sauce toward then end and cook the sauce < 10 minutes until brown.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#6]
bake chicken, sauce chicken, bake a little longer to make it nice and glazed.

Terrible pic but its all I have in my pos phone. ETA that is home made bbq sauce and I didn't make the sides
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:00:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bake first when the skins are nice and crispy, turn the broiler on if you have an oven with it sauce em up and run them under the broiler for a fewminutes but you gotta watchem to not burn the sauce.

I usually cook in a electric pressure cooker first, then uder the broiler, the skins not as crispy, but the legs and thighs we buy arent as geasy and the meat is falling of the bone.  This method is FAST and easy clean up too. Good luck. BBQ in the oven is never the same as on the grill, but sometimes you just have too.
View Quote
instant pot method too ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:06:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Roast chicken in oven with out the sauce, when very nearly done remove from bread pan and place on plate.  Drain and clean bread pan. Place chicken back in bread pan and cover with bbq sauce. Put back in oven and finish cooking. Much better than the mess you described.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top