Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2017 10:21:55 PM EDT
Hi All,

I normally do beef fibs on the grill and short ribs in a slow cooker.  This year I got a ton of short ribs and wanted to do them on the grill.  The 3-2-1 method.  What's a good dry rub?  Also, should I wrap in foil or can I use an aluminum pan with foil seal?  This will be on a weber charcoil grill.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:32:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Set up the kettle for indirect heat, throw on some chunks of smoke wood (I really like hickory) and go for it.  

3-2-1 @ 225 is great...I've been doing this for my full spare ribs and the family loves it.  

I make my own rub...it's slightly different every time, however, it's mainly kosher salt, fresh cracked black pepper, granulated garlic, granulated  onion, paprika(mainly for color), cayenne pepper to taste.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,

That's a go then.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]
ALSO!

I have a bunch of chicken leg quarters...

Was going to marinate tonight in italian dressing then grill tomorrow and finish with BBQ sauce... Time and temp preferences?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Suggest:

Beef Short Ribs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top