Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2017 7:45:30 PM EDT
My wife gave me some BIG pork chops for Father's Day ... they are 28 oz. each.

I'm going to grill one and serve it with a brussel sprout hash.

I'm thinking about making a cherry gastrique to serve with it but I'm open to other ideas.

Ideas for a really good sauce?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Cherries are in season... I say go for it.

Deglaze with a little amaretto.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cherries are in season... I say go for it.

Deglaze with a little amaretto.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
i went with the cherry gastrique.  it's really good
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
No pics??
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I usually make a simple pan sauce. White wine, chicken stock, rosemary, sometimes cream or minced onion.

What did you put in your gastrique? I'm not normally one for sweet sauces but I'm intrigued.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:47:06 AM EDT
[#6]
A propper gastrique should be neither sweet nor sour... When a perfect blend is achieved voila..
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I usually make a simple pan sauce. White wine, chicken stock, rosemary, sometimes cream or minced onion.

What did you put in your gastrique? I'm not normally one for sweet sauces but I'm intrigued.
View Quote
sugar, water, raspberry vinigar and I cooked down some cherries and strained them

i put some of it in a glass of iced tea and it was delicious
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A propper gastrique should be neither sweet nor sour... When a perfect blend is achieved voila..
View Quote
mine tasted good but it was swtte with a touch of sour

it was the first one I ever made
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a simple man. I would make a flour/pepper gravy, maybe with some onion and garlic flavors. Serve with mashed potatoes, profit. Pics of the magnificent meat?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm a simple man. I would make a flour/pepper gravy, maybe with some onion and garlic flavors. Serve with mashed potatoes, profit. Pics of the magnificent meat?
View Quote
I do this with grocery store chops, but the ones have cost $20.00 each!  They demand more than pepper gravy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I do this with grocery store chops, but the ones have cost $20.00 each!  They demand more than pepper gravy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh dear! I completely understand. I hope you share a picture and a recipe of the end result! I am always looking for new ways to cook pork.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I did a boneless parmesan encrusted pork chop  a few months back....wife said it was like crack ..I think Giada De Laurentis did it originally
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top