Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2017 1:08:48 PM EDT
I came across a pair of Cutco kitchen shears yesterday and came to the realization that all of my kitchen shears are cheap junk. The Cutco seem nice, but I don't really have any comparison other than what I am currently using (low quality Henckels and some cheap Cuisinart shears) What do the Chefs of Arfcom recommend?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Only full shaft all steel blade/handle would be of value. Any plastic handled shear will not hold up
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Any particular brand / model that you'd suggest?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#3]
have had a pair of Lamson's for 15 plus years. They are right handed, I am left. Uncomfortable to say the least. Recently had a family member suck me into a Cutco demo and I ended up buying a set of their kitchen shears as they are ambi. So far, so good.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.bladehq.com/item--Ken-Onion-Chef-Works-Take-Apart--68067

$5.  Get several pair if you want to fix the "hold up" problem.

After spending a lot more on worse options I started getting these.  They are currently on sale.  A couple other options on that site too but these are the cheapest.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Cutco's and I have Wustof.

The Cutco is great for cutting through tough leathery items.

The Wustof have a thinner blade which is great for poultry.

Both are great.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Find some like this at your ...local? Chinese market.. I've got a pair of these and I've used a lot of scissors and broken quite a few and these are my favorite.. scary sharp.. full tang.. 
only bad thing is the front is scary sharp and I know I'll poke myself sometime and you need to keep the rivet oiled so it doesn't rust.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top