Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2017 1:45:43 AM EDT
A friend has recently been hospitalized with Mersa in her heart.

So tomorrow I'm going to visit and want to take a meal for her family.  A chicken and rice meal that gets rave reviews when I make it.  Hell even my exwife made a positive comment three weeks ago.

Now the problem or question.  

They are two hours away and once I get there I really don't know how long it'll be before I can hook up with her husband.

So should I cook it before I leave and wrap it in a towel to keep it warm?  Or do I give them the ingredients and cooking instructions?

With mom in the hospital the last think I want to do is make everyone else sick.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:52:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Cook it fully and then take it to them as a casserole. If needed you can freeze it and they can heat it up in the oven. Just tell them to put the oven of 250 for at least 2 hours to heat it up and all is good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:19:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  I would be cooking in the morning and when it's done wrap it up and leave town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top