Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2016 9:00:41 AM EDT
Does anyone have a good recipe for spicy dill pickles? I tried one I found on line and they were the most awful things I have ever made.
Help Please!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#1]
this is what i do-buy a jar of vlassic low sodium kosher dill spears. drain fluid. replace drained fluid with contents of a 12oz jar of diced jalapenos. make sure all pickles are covered by fluid(add a splash of water if you need) and jalapenos are distributed evenly. i usually do this in a tupperware container. put in the fridge and wait a couple days. very popular with my coworkers and i.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't help on making your own but see if anyplace in your area carries Nathan's Pickles.  They make a spicy kosher which is awesome as well as a horseradish sweet pickle which is out of this world.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I can't help on making your own but see if anyplace in your area carries Nathan's Pickles.  They make a spicy kosher which is awesome as well as a horseradish sweet pickle which is out of this world.
View Quote
truth

eta: from a previous thread. i'd add a scotch bonnet or an habanero to each jar for spicy, unless you're a Texan, then i'd add half a jalapeno.

Best damn dill pickles ever

Brine: 1 Quart apple cider vinegar (not apple cider flavored)

3 Quarts water

1 Cup pickling salt

Boil 5 minutes - Keep hot

Wash and cut off both ends of pickles.

Cut large ones in half lengthwise.

Drop 1 clove garlic

1 piece dill

1 little red pepper

Into bottom of sterilized jar and pack pickles into jar upright. Place in hot water to heat jars (very hot!) Fill with hot brine. Heat lids and seal. Turn the jars upside down for a little while so that the lids stay hot. Turn right side up and make sure they seal.

Wait 3 weeks

Eat.

KILLER
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Guys, thanks for all the posts I really appreciate it. I'm going to try them all
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
this is what i do-buy a jar of vlassic low sodium kosher dill spears. drain fluid. replace drained fluid with contents of a 12oz jar of diced jalapenos. make sure all pickles are covered by fluid(add a splash of water if you need) and jalapenos are distributed evenly. i usually do this in a tupperware container. put in the fridge and wait a couple days. very popular with my coworkers and i.
View Quote

Thanks!
That is such a good idea.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.myhumblekitchen.com/2013/07/a-simple-recipe-for-homemade-natural-fermented-pickles/

As they age, in the refrigerator, they get better and better....
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I just use BozemanMT's recipe that's been posted here, then add a bunch of sliced jalapenos to the jar. Pretty darn good.        

Link Posted: 10/30/2016 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I make these.  Takes about 8 weeks for all the flavors to meld.  If you don't use an airlock, be sure to burb your jars. And, they're a lot better for you than vinegar based pickles.

http://www.myhumblekitchen.com/2013/07/a-simple-recipe-for-homemade-natural-fermented-pickles/
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I like this spice for adding heat.

http://brandlsdeathpepper.com/

I don't make pickles but Id imagine it would be good. I really like to use it on Philly Steak Sandwiches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top