User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2016 8:18:13 PM EDT
had it for 10 years--finally smoked it.

looking for:

"single"  basket....only want to use 2- 48 oz jugs of oil max

high wattage---needs to burn through piles of wings and fries and reheat quick

dishwasher safe. oil container/basket

my old one had stainless fry bin--like a stainless serving container at a buffet tray table

been poking around amazon, etc, but most are looking el-cheapo
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Cuisinart like below that works OK.

The thing you need to consider is the smaller the vat, the less food it takes to lower the oil temperature. Commercial deep fryers hold 5+ gallons of oil and therefore have more heat held in the oil. They aren't as quickly effected by dropping a basket of food into them. Commercial units usually are 220 volts too which allows them to reheat more quickly.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#2]
We're on our second one of these Delongi rotating fryers after 15 or so years.  We'll never have anything else.  The tilted rotating basket is the "secret" to crispy, non-greasy fried food.  If you try one of these, you'll never go back to the regular style:

https://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-D28313UXBK-Fryer-Black-Silver/dp/B003ZDNKVA/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1473285420&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=DeLonghi+D895UX+Cool-Touch+ROTO

This model is probably smaller than what you want, but there may be larger options of this.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a enamel pot and a thermometer.

I hate disposing of the oil though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top