Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2016 11:24:03 PM EDT
Thinking about investing in some thick copper, SS lined.  Small and large sauce pans, and a 10" skillet.

Anybody done this?  Was it worth the $$?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Copper, stainless steel, cast iron, carbon steel, etc.  It all works well, and there isn't much difference between them.  Get what you like, not what someone else thinks is best.

I have all kinds of expensive pots and pans because I like trying stuff out, and about half the time a non-stick skillet from Sam's Club gets used.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:45:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a big set of Allclad Copper Core. It works great, but it is HEAVY. I'm not sure it would be my first choice, in retrospect. The big dutch oven pan is definitely worth it, but the skillets and salute pans are too heavy to really "toss" as you saute.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 5:56:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Matfer 915901 8 Piece Bourgeat Copper Cookware Set

$1,600

I will pass
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
i only have a few pieces, mainly for making caramel or working with egg whites. No need to have a full set.

And it can be a pain in the ass to keep shiny and tarnish free.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Copper, stainless steel, cast iron, carbon steel, etc.  It all works well, and there isn't much difference between them.  Get what you like, not what someone else thinks is best.

I have all kinds of expensive pots and pans because I like trying stuff out, and about half the time a non-stick skillet from Sam's Club gets used.
View Quote

wrong, very very very wrong.

let me ask you this OP, what makes you want copper over say a good set of allclad stainless? which by compariosn is cheap compared to a full set of copper. cookware
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:41:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

let me ask you this OP, what makes you want copper over say a good set of allclad stainless? which by compariosn is cheap compared to a full set of copper. cookware
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right...they all conduct heat differently.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got a metric crap load of Mauviel's.  I bought them ala carte over years but damn do they cook nice.
I would hate to think what it would cost to replace my pots and pans in todays dollars.  PITA to keep
polished and clean but they make my kitchen look awesome.  8 or 9 sauce pans/Saute pans, 5-6 Au gratin
pans, bowls for egg whites (no cream of tartar for me), 2 rounds and platters and such.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top