Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2016 8:39:30 PM EDT
I want to pick up a blend for the kitchen and need a brand/model recommendation?
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive got a Vitamix Pro 300 that I would buy again if it spontaneously combusted.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
that or one of these:

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Many will trash the ninja as a cheap knock-off of professional blenders, and I will admit, it probably is. But if the legit professional blenders exceed your budget, the Ninja blenders are good quality for most any home use. We've abused ours heavily and it keeps ticking. You can't bog it down with anything... the motor exceeds the capability of the blades.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I went with the vitamix vs he blentec- I think they are about the same but read alot about belentec moving a board/motor to china build and having some problems

Quoted:
You can't bog it down with anything... the motor exceeds the capability of the blades.

Everyone on the net says that, but the two I've seen, actually didn't work worth a damn.
1. the chop was very inconstant, large/small parts, very hard to do a quick chop without big pieces of herbs. If you just want to pulverize to smooth paste then its great.
2. If you do more than 1 grind in a a setting, it will heat in short order and start to bog down/smell plastic. Maybe if you only grind Ice once every hour or so it might work.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Everyone on the net says that, but the two I've seen, actually didn't work worth a damn.
1. the chop was very inconstant, large/small parts, very hard to do a quick chop without big pieces of herbs. If you just want to pulverize to smooth paste then its great.
2. If you do more than 1 grind in a a setting, it will heat in short order and start to bog down/smell plastic. Maybe if you only grind Ice once every hour or so it might work.

View Quote

I haven't had either of those problems with mine and I've had it for several years; abusing it along the way...
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a blendtech I bought at Costco and we love it so far.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Get an old Osterizer at a garage sale, it will still be going long after you have left this earth.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Not all models have the same motor. I have the big one, 2HP. Never a problem with it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Will grind rocks - Breville Boss
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Vitamix 750. Wife uses it daily. Was insanely expensive, but has paid for itself 10x over.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I got one of these and couldn't be happier.  You can even finance it at 0% interest if you don't want to pay all at once.

Basically slightly over half price if you get a reconditioned one and they come with a great warranty.

https://www.vitamix.com/Shop/Certified-Reconditioned-Standard-Programs?skuId=001888
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought a Ninja on Amazon.  It eliminated my blender and food processor.  Everything it does, it comes out much better than my previous equipment.  I got the single serve attachment which makes shakes and frozen drinks better than the professional Waring shake maker I previously had.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bought a Ninja on Amazon.  It eliminated my blender and food processor.  Everything it does, it comes out much better than my previous equipment.  I got the single serve attachment which makes shakes and frozen drinks better than the professional Waring shake maker I previously had.
View Quote

I have to agree on your sentiments. Food processor just collects dust now and the single-serve shake maker cups are nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top