Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2016 12:01:40 PM EDT
Looking for a good low country boil recipe for next weekend. Help a brother out please.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I start with the biggest pot I have, holds 7 or 8 gallons

fill 3/4 with water, add 5 cups old bay, 4 lemons halved and squeezed into water, throw lemons in too

bring it to a boil on an outdoor propane burner, I have an older turkey fryer base I use

set a timer for 45 minutes when boiling,

at 45 min add baby red potatoes
at 35 min add smoked sausage cut up into 1" chunks
at 20 min add corn on the cob
at 15min add the clams let it come up to a boil again
at 12 min add scallops
at 6 min add uncooked shrimp
at 0 min take it off the heat, drain and pour it on a table,
then eat and drink beer for the next hour
great stuff
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:00:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I eyeball the seasonings, but heres what you want:

About half the bottle of crab boil and 2-4 handfuls of Tonys. The Tonys has some kick so if you don't like it spicy then go easy until you get and idea of the flavor. Then you can add a cut and juiced lemon and lime, a quartered onion, a can of beer and cloves of garlic if you like. When it boils, add red potatoes and cut smoked sausage. When they are almost done, add corn. When the corn and taters are done add shrimp and cook 2 minutes. I like medium peel on shrimp. If you like it hotter, you can take it off the heat and let it soak. The longer you leave it the hotter it gets.

You can also do crawfish (live is better), crab legs, clams, mussels and scallops. I did crab legs and clams last time by pulling out the taters, sausage corn and shrimp and then steaming the crab and clams with the same water for about 5 minutes. Easiest way is just to look up how to cook each ingredient if you aren't sure. Have fun, the low country boil has become a regular event around here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top