Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything about your job looks awesome.  

Ever do a lobster bisque?  I've been looking for a good recipe.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#2]
the staff is off most of the week since we're slow.  i get to go in on thursday and babysit the cafeteria cook and the outside caterer (indian). since the wife is out of town it beats sitting on my ass at home.  at least i'll get paid to sit on my ass at work.  we're in hollywood, just up from miami.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 1:42:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everything about your job looks awesome.  

Ever do a lobster bisque?  I've been looking for a good recipe.
View Quote

once in a blue moon, but i never make it when it comes up.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 1:45:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well, Happy Thanksgiving in advance, for whenever you celebrate it.

Food service is hard on family time at holidays, so I'm really glad you enjoy what you do, and thank you for this wonderful thread and for being so willing to share.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the staff is off most of the week since we're slow.  i get to go in on thursday and babysit the cafeteria cook and the outside caterer (indian). since the wife is out of town it beats sitting on my ass at home.  at least i'll get paid to sit on my ass at work.  we're in hollywood, just up from miami.

Well, Happy Thanksgiving in advance, for whenever you celebrate it.

Food service is hard on family time at holidays, so I'm really glad you enjoy what you do, and thank you for this wonderful thread and for being so willing to share.

thanks.  

i started this thread so people could have some semblance of what a real kitchen looks like (although its not a stereotypical restaurant kitchen) and that shit like hell's kitchen is completely made up garbage.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 1:03:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice to see there are more of us on here.  I am in High volume as well but totally different clientele.  We do an average of 5k meals per day, every day.  Love seeing the food-  Was the union there when you were brought on or was the switchover under you?
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#8]
the union has been here pretty much since day one, so 2002ish.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#9]
time for an update:

one of the liquor rooms

part of a BEO

pool party

ceviche

fake food trucks

meat

emirates launch party for their dubai-ft. lauderdale nonstop service

our orange bowl guests

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I love this thread.  If I had a meat mixer, buffalo chopper, a walk in, and a slicer, I would have a complete kitchen.  (and I don't plan on going into business).  

So, if that Power ball hits, my next shack will have a real commercial kitchen with a bar in the middle. 

I am guessing it would help if I actually bought a powerball ticket. 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Very interesting thread, thank you for sharing all the pics and info chef.
View Quote

my pleasure.i figured some insight that wasn't the food network or top chef would be good to share.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I love this thread.  If I had a meat mixer, buffalo chopper, a walk in, and a slicer, I would have a complete kitchen.  (and I don't plan on going into business).  

So, if that Power ball hits, my next shack will have a real commercial kitchen with a bar in the middle. 

I am guessing it would help if I actually bought a powerball ticket. 
View Quote

what would you do with a buffalo chopper?  my hobart mixer hold 60 quarts.  hell, i have a ladle that holds 70oz.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top