Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2016 8:37:38 PM EDT
What do you use and would you recommend it?

I don't need it for heavy duty use, but I'd like it not to be one of the extreme cheapies.

I'm currently thinking about the http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KHB2351CU-3-Speed-Hand-Blender/dp/B005MMNBBQ
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have that one although mine is older and didn't come with the chopper thing. Works great for doing smooth soups and I use it for when I make BBQ Sauce.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't speak for the linked one but after having owned a cheapo (sub-$10) that burned up my wife bought an Oster combo (immersion blender and mini food processor) for about $30-40 at Walmart and I've been really pleased. We've had it several years and it has all the power I could ask for and has never given any trouble. I don't use the food processor part often so I can't really say much to its effectiveness.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Tokebi.  It is a South Korean brand.  Seems very well made, powerful and does a great job.

Here is a step above mine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buwon-Tokebi-Hand-Blender-V8000-w-Variable-Attachments-Blades-Stand-220V-/161666554257

EDIT:  They do make 120V versions
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What do you use and would you recommend it?

I don't need it for heavy duty use, but I'd like it not to be one of the extreme cheapies.
I'm currently thinking about the http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KHB2351CU-3-Speed-Hand-Blender/dp/B005MMNBBQ
View Quote

I got this exact model from the exchange, its been good so far.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, and you can go all tacticool...:  Commercial blenders: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/14253/commercial-immersion-blenders.html
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh, and you can go all tacticool...:  Commercial blenders: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/14253/commercial-immersion-blenders.html
View Quote
Way more than I wan't to spend to make mayonnaise and a few sauces.....

Trying to keep it under $60.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

go big or go home. actually, waring makes a really nice one and       this one is near your price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waring-WSB33-Quik-Stik-7-Immersion-Blender-Hand-Mixer-/400607208715?hash=item5d460ce50b:g:gGAAAOSwnipWXr~t

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Cuisinart and Waring are king.  They make boat motor sized immersion blenders down to home varieties.  Find a stainless one if you can.

These things are a life saver if your gravy gets lumpy.  They work for many things.

If you can spring for a Robot Coupe, you will probably need a bigger boat......................
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Cuisinart and Waring are king.  They make boat motor sized immersion blenders down to home varieties.  Find a stainless one if you can.

These things are a life saver if your gravy gets lumpy.  They work for many things.

If you can spring for a Robot Coupe, you will probably need a bigger boat......................
View Quote
Ha!

Now there's a use I didn't think of - I always seem to screw up blending my roux when I'm making gravy and I end up with lumps...
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Bamix
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#12]

That's the one I have and I love it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had a 200-watt Braun for over 30 years.  It's not the best, but it still works perfectly.
I used it mostly for home-made mayo and Bulletproof Coffee these days, but also for some soups that need emulsifying.
Great tool to have around.

Link Posted: 6/5/2016 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a twenty year old Hamilton Beach.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a Breville (I think it's this one). It works great, blends things really smoothly. It also has a nicely long power cord. My only complaint about it is that it is infernally difficult for me to press both of the buttons hard enough simultaneously to remove the blender head from the handle.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife bought an inexpensive one some time ago.

I didn't use it until recently. Just kind assumed it was a piece of junk.

I was surprised at how heavy duty it felt and how powerful it was.

I doesn't have any of the extras like the one in the link from the OP.

I have had good luck with KitchenAid branded products.

Here is a link to the one we have (I think)

I don't know if it would do what you need it for.

$12 if you add it to your cart.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't recommend one b/c it just hasn't been very useful in my experience. I think its been used about 3 or 4 times and it was bought a few years ago. That said, the build quality of the Cuisinart model is good.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I have an inexpensive Braun that was given to me as a gift.  It works great for my occasional needs.  I have all the same attachments which I never use. For chopping knives are closer and handier.  I do use the whisk for whipped cream, though.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I wouldn't recommend one b/c it just hasn't been very useful in my experience. I think its been used about 3 or 4 times and it was bought a few years ago. That said, the build quality of the Cuisinart model is good.
View Quote

Maybe it depends on what you cook frequently. I use mine to make not-refried-beans, apple butter, a couple of different soups, and a few other things. I probably use mine 2-3 times a month.

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

The fact that you don't ever use yours doesn't mean it isn't useful.

I suspect you may actually just be trolling but if not, you need to get out a little. You either aren't very experienced/diverse in the kitchen, you don't know how to get creative or think outside the box on food-prep, or you just plain don't care.

I use my immersion blender for any/all manner of cooking if I need it. As stated above, it's great for removing "lumps" from things. Placed in a small plastic cups it's great for blending small amounts of ingredients (I blend up bell peppers and onions to combine with my pizza sauce). It's amazing as quickly and efficiently mixing liquids together in any vessel the blender will fit into (skillet, cup, pot, bucket). I don't know how people live without them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Bamix
View Quote

Bamix for two reasons:

1) NOT made in China

2) Williams Sonoma has the basic version available for around $100 HERE and you can get it for less if you wait for a 15-20% off sale.  I have a version with a longer shaft - its more than I need but it still works great.

3) According to reviews that I ready online before buying, Bamix immersion blenders should last a long time compared to the Chinese crap.

4) NOT made in China.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#22]

I like my Cuisinart CSB-100. It's stainless and plenty powerful.

It's a bit over your price ceiling, but it's a buy once, cry once type of purchase.

Link Posted: 6/11/2016 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#23]
The Bamix is Swiss I believe.  It also comes with few different blades.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Very useful piece of kitchen gear You'll be glad you got one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 3:16:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I suspect you may actually just be trolling but if not, you need to get out a little. You either aren't very experienced/diverse in the kitchen, you don't know how to get creative or think outside the box on food-prep, or you just plain don't care.

I use my immersion blender for any/all manner of cooking if I need it. As stated above, it's great for removing "lumps" from things. Placed in a small plastic cups it's great for blending small amounts of ingredients (I blend up bell peppers and onions to combine with my pizza sauce). It's amazing as quickly and efficiently mixing liquids together in any vessel the blender will fit into (skillet, cup, pot, bucket). I don't know how people live without them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You serious, Clark? ...trolling? Do you know what trolling means?

First, please acquaint yourself with the meaning of the phrase "In my experience."

Second, what I plain don't care about is addressing your bizarre and nonsensical speculations about my "kitchen diversity", but I will say that I hope you're better at cooking than you are at speculation, else you must be surrounded by a group of unhappy, nauseated, and perhaps food-poisoned people at your dinner parties.

Third, thats dandy you have uses for one. I don't find them very useful. If OP has thought to himself frequently that a stick blender would be useful when performing a task, then he should get one. If he's getting one because he thinks that it might turn out to be useful, like I did, then he might find that he doesn't actually have much use for one, which is something he might be interested in considering.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

First, please acquaint yourself with the meaning of the phrase "In my experience."

Second, what I plain don't care about is addressing your bizarre and nonsensical speculations about my "kitchen diversity", but I will say that I hope you're better at cooking than you are at speculation, else you must be surrounded by a group of unhappy, nauseated, and perhaps food-poisoned people at your dinner parties.

Third, thats dandy you have uses for one. I don't find them very useful. If OP has thought to himself frequently that a stick blender would be useful when performing a task, then he should get one. If he's getting one because he thinks that it might turn out to be useful, like I did, then he might find that he doesn't actually have much use for one, which is something he might be interested in considering.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mad? Get some sand up in there?

Lol
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 2:00:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Thats... just bad. You might want to rethink the whole posting on the internet thing

Apologies to OP about the threadjack
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 7:32:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thats... just bad. You might want to rethink the whole posting on the internet thing

View Quote

It's ok, they make special hygiene products for your current predicament. You should pick one up on your way home from the salon.

ETA, this is what you wanted isn't it? To troll for smart-ass remarks?
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:16:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's ok, they make special hygiene products for your current predicament. You should pick one up on your way home from the salon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't want anything, I replied to your moronic first post. Then I replied to your moronic second post. Now I'm replying to your moronic third post. They arent getting better or anything, and you still don't know what "troll" means.

But, ok.

As far as hygiene products goes, thanks, but if I needed sandy mangina cream I'd just stop  by your house and pick some up. I'm sure you've got plenty to spare since you must get the extra strong stuff for extra large mangainas.

And since this is a tech forum, I'll keep on topic by asking: Do you use your immersion blender to mix up your mangina cream, also? Is that why you're so sensitive about, and fond of, these blenders? Thats very clever, and must save you oodles of money, considering the amounts you must go through.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I didn't want anything, I replied to your moronic first post. Then I replied to your moronic second post. Now I'm replying to your moronic third post. They arent getting better or anything, and you still don't know what "troll" means.

But, ok.

As far as hygiene products goes, thanks, but if I needed sandy mangina cream I'd just stop  by your house and pick some up. I'm sure you've got plenty to spare since you must get the extra strong stuff for extra large mangainas.

And since this is a tech forum, I'll keep on topic by asking: Do you use your immersion blender to mix up your mangina cream, also? Is that why you're so sensitive about, and fond of, these blenders? Thats very clever, and must save you oodles of money, considering the amounts you must go through.

View Quote

Lol... I take back my previous comments, you skipped right past sand and went straight to boulders... How you got boulders stuck up there is beyond me...

Your communication skills are very lacking. Yes, you replied to my first post, and my 2nd, and 3rd, and you'll likely respond to this one as well. And we STILL won't have a clue what your intention is. You cannot even effectively communicate why the OP shouldn't get an immersion blender except you don't think it's useful. Haha... Informative post is informative!!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#31]
We have that kitchenaid model; it works great!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lol... I take back my previous comments, you skipped right past sand and went straight to boulders... How you got boulders stuck up there is beyond me...

Your communication skills are very lacking. Yes, you replied to my first post, and my 2nd, and 3rd, and you'll likely respond to this one as well. And we STILL won't have a clue what your intention is. You cannot even effectively communicate why the OP shouldn't get an immersion blender except you don't think it's useful. Haha... Informative post is informative!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, ok.

I dont have a mangina, or boulders in one, but if I did, I'd certainly not hesitate to call on you, our leading mangina expert, for help. While you claim not know about getting boulders out of one, we all know you're just being modest, and are quite familiar with that problem. Besides, I'm sure your vast mangina experience could cope with any problems, anyway.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I dont have a mangina, or boulders in one, but if I did, I'd certainly not hesitate to call on you, our leading mangina expert, for help. While you claim not know about getting boulders out of one, we all know you're just being modest, and are quite familiar with that problem. Besides, I'm sure your vast mangina experience could cope with any problems, anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, ok.

Just going to point out that I called it... it's like I have a 6th sense or something for picking out trolls that don't have a freaking clue... take a step out of your mom's basement for a minute and get some fresh air, the mildew is getting to you!!

Quoted:
Yes, you replied to my first post, and my 2nd, and 3rd, and you'll likely respond to this one as well. And we STILL won't have a clue what your intention is.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

CUT THAT IDIOTIC BICKERING OUT, OR I'LL DISH OUT SOME WARNINGS. This isn't GD.
View Quote
needs more big red letters.

3rd for the cuisinart, but if i used one more often, i'd spring for the Waring i linked earlier
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

YMMV, I use my Braun all the time.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Some examples of what my immersion blender has been used for in the last week.

Making an egg wash for breading fried items (no goopy, stringy egg-wash in this joint)
Making a banana puree
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Bamix for two reasons:

1) NOT made in China

2) Williams Sonoma has the basic version available for around $100 HERE and you can get it for less if you wait for a 15-20% off sale.  I have a version with a longer shaft - its more than I need but it still works great.

3) According to reviews that I ready online before buying, Bamix immersion blenders should last a long time compared to the Chinese crap.

4) NOT made in China.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bamix

Bamix for two reasons:

1) NOT made in China

4) NOT made in China.

$59 today only and free shipping.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Damn this thread, just ordered a Bamix.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Another vote for the Cuisinart CSB-75 here.
View Quote

Yeah, pretty sure that's the model I have as well...works great, the whisk comes in pretty handy, too.

I bought it to make barbecue sauce...didn't work for that, ruined the texture (too smooth).  That was really the only reason I got it, it mostly collects dust, now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Now that I've ordered one. Other than tomato soup what can I make with this thing?
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Now that I've ordered one. Other than tomato soup what can I make with this thing?
View Quote

Homemade whipped cream beats the hell out of the stuff in a can.

Creamed corn.

Quiche.

Salsa.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

Best thing is Hollandaise. Takes 30 seconds and is perfect every time. Once you have Hollandaise, you can make so many other things.

Second is mayonnaise. Again, takes 30 seconds and is perfect every time.

Third is cheese sauce. All you need is sodium citrate, cheese, and water or beer, and you can make perfect cheese sauce for queso or whatever in 30 seconds or so.

Buerre rouge and beurre blanc, cream soups, on and on.

Stick blenders can up your game in so many ways.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top