User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I eat A LOT of the green giant riced cauliflower. Shit has become a staple for me.

Fried rice, curry, etc. If you fry it to dry it out a bit, it really does the substitute job.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bird's Eye has a freezer bag of riced cauliflower that is pretty good. We tried buying a head of cauliflower last year to cream that tasted awful.

We are the Bird's Eye riced cauliflower with our pot roast tonight and enjoyed it. They have it plain, a garlic sauce, a cheese, and an herb variety. Haven't tried the others yet.
I eat A LOT of the green giant riced cauliflower. Shit has become a staple for me.

Fried rice, curry, etc. If you fry it to dry it out a bit, it really does the substitute job.
We like the vegetable medley version to make fried rice with.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Two new recipes for me, both very worthy of your time and effort;

Keto Biscuits

1 1/2 cup almond flour

1/4 tsp salt

1 tbsp baking powder

2 eggs

1/3 cup sour cream

4 tbsp melted butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a standard muffin tin.

Melt butter, add sour cream and eggs, whisk together. Add the dry ingredients, whisk. Spoon the batter into the muffin pan. I kept the batter about 1/2 inch from the top of the cups and got six biscuits from this mix.

Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown.

Biscuits will have a texture somewhat like cornbread.

Chicken Pizza Crust

10 oz (by weight) of cooked, shredded chicken breast, patted dry

1 oz shredded or grated parmesan cheese

1 large egg

Preheat oven to 350

Thoroughly drain the chicken sandpit with a paper towel to remove as much water as possible, then spread it out on a baking baking sheet topped with a silicone mat and cook for 10 minutes to remove even more moisture. Bump the oven temperature to 500.

Place chicken in a mixing bowl, mix in the egg and parmesan.

Pour the mixture back onto the baking sheet and mat, spread thin and even. You might try placing parchment paper on top of the mixture and using a rolling pin for this. If you plan on using pizza toppings that may want to slide off, form a ridge around the edge of the crust. Back into the 500 degree oven for 10 minutes.

Leave the oven on, remove the crust and put your toppings on. Bake for 6-10 more minutes, depending on your toppings. Let rest for a few minutes, then devour.

This is hands-down THE  most filling pizza crust ever. I added a little garlic powder and Italian seasoning to the mix, and it worked well. I'm pretty sure you could make a few of these at one time and keep a couple in the freezer for future use.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So I made this:

Keto waffles

The waffles were awesome!  This recipe hits it out of the park.  The raspberry sauce was very good.  The brie was overwhelming.

Nine carbs, about 5 from the waffles and 2-ish each from the sauce and brie.  Skip the brie, it's out of place in this.  Make a raspberry extract based sauce, and you're down to 5 carbs or so for awesome!
View Quote
just tried them.  not bad.  Did your waffles turn out a little "spongy"?  They were completely cooked but they didnt get solid like a real waffle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Tried the zesty chicken nuggets.  Man they tasted great.
https://www.ruled.me/low-carb-zesty-chicken-nuggets/
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is pretty elementary but I've been making ice cream in my Ninja lately.

1 cup frozen berries
1 cup HWC
1 tbsp Splenda
1/4 cup cream cheese

It comes out with the consistency of soft ice cream and tastes like cheesecake with berries.
View Quote
The berries would be a big on carbs though.  I suppose if you are not sticking to the strict 20ish carbs a day.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It can probably push you up past 20g/day depending on what berries you use. I haven't had issues with it knocking me out of ketosis.
View Quote
So i just made it up for testing.  I used Strawberries which seems to be one of the lower carbs which is 10 net carbs per cup.  So not horrible carbs I guess.  I substituted a liquid stevia which has 0 net carbs and i prefer the taste and only needs a few squirts.
also suggesting that if you are making this for yourself, make half the amount.  It made a BIG bowl .  While it came out pretty cool and creamy, I'm going to put it in the freezer to get a little colder.  But the taste was pretty good.  
Thx for the quick recipe.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Take a LC tortilla, MW it for 60 secs.  Flip and MW for another 30 secs. If you want, score very lightly before MWing.

Spread some Rao's pizza sauce over the crisped tortilla.  Add sausage or pepperoni if you like. I have a bag of cooked and drained ground beef spread thin and frozen in the freezer.  I snap of what I need and MW for a few seconds to crumble on top.  Add Mozzarella and MW, covered, for 4 minutes.  The result is a really nice individual pizza.  The tortilla dries out during the initial MWing, but softens a little during the second MWing and absorbs some moisture from the prepared sauce.  Total prep time is about a minute.  Total MW time is about 5 1/2 min.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Was hungry for a little dessert and found this on the ruled.me website:
https://www.ruled.me/keto-chocolate-cake-mug/

Chocolate cake in a mug.  Simple and easy recipe a tasted great!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't really have any good recipes that you can't find on dietdoctor.com. but I thought I would post some encouragement. I got up to 320lbs about a year ago and my doctor said my numbers were pre-diabetic. I started keto and have stayed low carb high fat for almost 13 months... I've lost over 80 lbs and I'm officially on no drugs or medicines at all. It's very worth it no matter how hard it is. Also, intermittent fasting got me over each plateu when my progress slowed. I'm only 25 lbs from my goal weight! Keep at it!
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#13]
My wife wants me to make these;

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 1:22:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I like to make pinwheels for a snack.

Thick ham deli slice, cream cheese, and roll it up

Can also substitute different meats and add a cheese stick in the middle if you wanted. Roast beef, cheddar cheese stick, and cream cheese. Turkey, Swiss cheese slice, cream cheese, etc...

You could add an avocado spread, bacon, whatever you think up.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I like to make pinwheels for a snack.

Thick ham deli slice, cream cheese, and roll it up

Can also substitute different meats and add a cheese stick in the middle if you wanted. Roast beef, cheddar cheese stick, and cream cheese. Turkey, Swiss cheese slice, cream cheese, etc...

You could add an avocado spread, bacon, whatever you think up.
View Quote
any of the above with a side of mustard to dip in sounds good to me
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File

I make THIS on my pellet grill. I substitute broccoli and cauliflower for the macaroni and crushed pork rinds for the bread crumbs. I also add sausage or bacon. It’s amazing and is really filling.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just made this, so yummy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#18]
made a "meatzza" today.

1lb ground turkey
few Tbsp sauce(hunts 4 cheese from a can)
some shredded mozz
pepperoni

oiled a round pan(oven at 405)
patted turkey out to the edges w/hands
par-baked the turkey(it shrank a lot more than i expected) and drained the fat off
flipped the turkey
sauced it up then added the mozz and pepperoni
back in to the oven
baked until mozz started browning

it was ok. my kitchen is in shambles right now due to water damage and black mold. i did this w/o being able to find any seasonings. it would have been better if i'd have seasoned the meat and sauce.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you can also drop a tablespoon of peanut butter into it and get a nice chocolate peanut butter mug cake.  yum
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I tried a similar one and to me the crust was too loose and didn't really stiffen up like real crust.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I tried a similar one and to me the crust was too loose and didn't really stiffen up like real crust.
View Quote
I've given up on all keto pizza except meat crusts. The fathead, cauliflower, eggs, etc. just don't do it for me.

Chicken crust pizza is great. Also have been enjoying italizan sausage rolled super thin between parchment paper and baked until nearly crisp, then topped.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This crust was pretty fantastic to me because I was craving a normal person pizza, and it was pretty close.

I will be trying the chicken crust pizza as soon as we raise some more chickens.  Right now I am on my last couple packs of our last batch of broilers, and it's all wings.
View Quote
I've been sticking with canned chicken.

I did try making it with fresh chicken breast but it didn't turn out the same.

I need to try just pressure cooking some chicken breast to try to get the same texture as the canned stuff.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top