Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2016 8:09:53 AM EDT
anyone got any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
There is actually a spray for that.  you can buy it at Walmart I think.  spray it on, let it set a short time and wash/scrub it comes off but may take a few washings.  Wish I could remember what it is called.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
anyone got any ideas?
View Quote

I'd throw it in the trash.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Hot water and soap?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I loaned this electric skillet to my mother so she could use it to make English Muffins. Evidently the recipe calls for cooking them on a skillet as the last step. I get it back and it's crudded up with this crap.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I loaned this electric skillet to my mother so she could use it to make English Muffins. Evidently the recipe calls for cooking them on a skillet as the last step. I get it back and it's crudded up with this crap.
View Quote

Looks like mom just bought herself a skillet.

Alternatively...Christmas gift!
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 3:07:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Magic eraser pad.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Lodge plastic scraper used for scraping cast iron pans. Worked great on my electric griddle, got the black crud off when nothing else would and didn't scratch the coating.

Scraper
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Ammonia

Then throw it out and but a better skillet.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:03:51 AM EDT
[#9]
trisodium phosphate would probably get rid of the grease, but it might not be the best for the non stick surface. I know it'll soften paint. You might try that if you're in a got nothing to lose situation.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Soak over night with automatic dishwashing liquid and hot water. Crap come right off. I've found this works on any pot or pans or baking sheets really well with no damage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top