Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
what did you cook today? (Page 1 of 83)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 83
Posted: 2/28/2016 12:13:44 AM EDT
thought this might be fun. post up your dishes as you make them. I'll start.
fresh vegetable soup made with red peppers, eggplant, green and yellow zucchini, onions tomatoes and garlic. and garnished with fresh basil and sriracha.

what have you guys got? what did you cook today?
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn that looks tasty!

I scroll through this thread every now and again looking for ideas...  The wife and I are on a clean eating kick as of late...  This one looks like a winner!

Recipe please!  
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skunkape71:
Damn that looks tasty!

I scroll through this thread every now and again looking for ideas...  The wife and I are on a clean eating kick as of late...  This one looks like a winner!

Recipe please!  
View Quote

sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing special and I had already eaten it prior to seeing this thread

French toasted a bagel and layered with turkey bacon afterwards. Cheap but it was a very yummy breakfast sandwich.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Make a boatload of Gyoza this morning to have with dinner tonight.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By VACaver:
Make a boatload of Gyoza this morning to have with dinner tonight.
View Quote

pics or it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Prime is in the smoker as we speak.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I toasted two bagels and made coffee this morning.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I made a meatloaf and a green bean casserole.  Too windy to grill out.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Last night I made buffalo chicken meatballs, baked sweet potatoes, and steamed broccoli.

Leftovers for lunch today.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Last night was a Costco 1/3 lb beef patty on a toasted bun.  This was topped with two slices of cheese, mayo, pickled red pepper cabbage, avocado, mustard, and some thousand island.  

Tuesday night we were still recovering from a brutal weekend.   I found some leftover taco meat made from fresh ground tri-tip in the frige.  I added crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and then made a gravy out of it.  I applied this heavily over Rotini pasta.  This is an impromptu chili-mac comfort food that takes me back to my grade school days.  

Brisket went into brine for corned beef last night.  The second half of the brisket is waiting for a 14 hour smoke tomorrow.  

Guinness stew is planned for the potluck on 18Mar.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 12:22:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hawaiinate] [#11]
simple food tonight, pasta with a meat sauce and satueed portabello mushrooms and garlic crostini, just plated nicely.

Link Posted: 3/5/2016 12:27:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Baked haddock with Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan, lemon.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 1:02:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: phylodog] [#13]
Cooked a prime rib on the BGE for dinner yesterday.

Link Posted: 3/5/2016 5:56:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By phylodog:
Cooked a prime rib on the BGE for dinner yesterday.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv63/phylodog/A3DDF574-E611-4890-9949-582D40CB37E0_zpsu37tfylj.jpg
View Quote

damn that looks good.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Sourdough waffles for breakfast this morning.

Sourdough bread is rising as I type.

Salmon and vegetables are baking in the oven.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Crap load of pulled pork

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 1:27:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Smoked wings with a Sriracha marmalade sauce.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#18]
A ribeye and 2 dozen Jerk Wings.  mmmm...
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Friday:  smoked brisket stew.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Two loaves of bread.

25 pints of apple butter.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By watercat:
Two loaves of bread.

View Quote

Details and recipe. Niao!
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By GSL:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Two loaves of bread.

Homemade apple butter is delicious!

We eat a lot of jam, including apple butter. Apple butter happens to be the most time-consuming one to make, and I wanted to make a whole lot so I wouldn't run out in the middle of the hot summer and have to deal with it then. So I borrowed 3 crockpots and spent 3 days intermittently canning apple butter as each set finished. Overall it went faster than making 25 pints in single batches, but it did tie up 3 days where I had to be at home every few hours to stir it.

Gratuitous pic of 4 crockpots:

Recipe:

6 quarts applesauce, unsweetened (4 46-oz. jars applesauce)

2 Tbsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. ground cloves

½ tsp. ground allspice

2-3 c. sugar, brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup

Fill crockpot to within an inch of full with applesauce. (Our crockpot holds 3 jars of applesauce). Stir in sugar (I use 1 c. each of sugar, brown sugar, and honey) and spices. Cover the crockpot loosely, by placing 2 knives or 2 chopsticks on the crockpot to prop up the lid.

Set the crockpot to high heat for an hour or so, until applesauce begins to bubble. Turn heat to low and simmer for 6-18 hours. (How long depends on how much you want it to reduce. I usually let mine go for 24 hours.) Stir occasionally, being careful to not stir the burned/dry crusted bits into the applesauce. Whenever the applesauce reduces enough, add the last jar of applesauce.

When it has reduced a lot, blend the apple butter until smooth in a blender or using a hand blender (easier). If it is too thin, return to crockpot and continue simmering.

To can, ladle into pint or quart jars to within ¼-inch of the rim. Wipe the tops, then seat the lids and rings. Process in a boiling water canner for 5 minutes (pints and c.) or 10 minutes (quarts).

Link Posted: 3/16/2016 10:36:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hands] [#23]
Pineapple upside-down bundt cake.

Link Posted: 3/17/2016 9:10:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raven] [#24]
I've been cooking Spanish tortillas lately.  My attempts in the past have been bad but I found a recipe that finally had good results.  Tastes better than an authentic Spanish tortilla I had cooked by a Spanish housewife (I thought it was kind of dry and mealy).

The new recipe I've been trying is ok, but it could be better (add sauteed mushrooms in with the carmelized onions to add in unami, spicy reindeer sausage, a little Parmesan cheese for a little more unami and help hold it together better during the flip, Yukon Gold potatoes instead of rutabaga)  I am trying my version tonight.

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Cast iron skillet Chicken pot pie

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Breakfast: 4 eggs with 6 oz bacon

Lunch/post workout: can of sardines with olives and avocados

Dinner: 1 lb ground beef with stewed tomatoes
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 5:31:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jmoffatt] [#27]
pic won't load

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By fd4887:

<a href="http://s216.photobucket.com/user/fd4887/media/2016-03-21%2017.13.37-1_zpsbj9poysf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/fd4887/2016-03-21%2017.13.37-1_zpsbj9poysf.jpg</a>
View Quote

looks awesome, recipe?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Cheesecake brownies

Chirashi: sashimi for my husband, baked for me. As delicious as the baked fish is, I'm really craving sashimi.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Cheesecake brownies

Chirashi: sashimi for my husband, baked for me. As delicious as the baked fish is, I'm really craving sashimi.
View Quote
Whenever a friend comes to visit from California, his wife demands I make her some for him to bring back home. How do you make yours?
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 9:11:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: watercat] [#31]

Whenever a friend comes to visit from California, his wife demands I make her some for him to bring back home. How do you make yours?

View All Quotes

Cheesecake brownies

Here's the recipe I use. It makes a 9x9 pan, but I often increase everything by half to make a 9x13 for my large family.

Brownie Layer    

½ c. unsalted butter, cut into pieces

4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped

1 ¼ c. granulated white sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

2 large eggs

½ c. all purpose flour

¼ tsp. salt

Cream Cheese Layer

8 ounces full fat cream cheese, at room temperature

? c. granulated white sugar

½ tsp. vanilla

1 large egg

Preheat oven to 325* and place the rack in the center of the oven. Grease a 9 inch square baking pan or line with aluminum foil.

In a heatproof bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water, (or in a microwave) melt the butter and chocolate. Remove from heat and stir or whisk in the sugar and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the flour and salt and stir vigorously until the batter is smooth and glossy (about one minute). Remove 1/2 c. of the brownie batter and set it aside. Spread the remainder of the brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan.

In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese just until smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla, and egg and process just until creamy and smooth (do not over process). Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the brownie layer. Spoon 16 small dollops of the reserved brownie batter evenly on top of the cream cheese filling. Run a knife or wooden skewer back and forth through the two batters until you have a marble effect.

Bake for about 30 minutes or until the brownies are set and the cream cheese is just beginning to brown

Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Mississippi Mudslide Cake for my girl's birthday

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Easter dinner:

Guests choice of farm raised grass fed corn finished Ribeye/Tbone/Sirloin Tip steak(their choice of doneness as long as it's medium rare/rare/blue).  Olive oil, kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper over a super hot grill.
Loaded Baked Potato(cheddar, sour cream, bacon, green oinions)

(fuck vegetables)

For desert -  Home made apple crisp cake in my Griswold #8 1930's vintage cast iron.  Fantastic.

Good family fun, good eats, good conversation.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Pumpkin bread. Garlic shrimp and cheese-grits for dinner.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Skunkape71:
Recipe please!  
View Quote

Yes Please....
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 1:56:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By hawaiinate:

looks awesome, recipe?
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s216.photobucket.com/user/fd4887/media/2016-03-21%2017.13.37-1_zpsbj9poysf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/fd4887/2016-03-21%2017.13.37-1_zpsbj9poysf.jpg</a>

looks awesome, recipe?

It's on my iPad at home.   I'll post it tonight.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Rice paper rolls filled with:
ground beef cooked with shallots, garlic, ginger root, black bean paste, sweet and sour sauce.
Wrapped in reconstituted rice paper with cilantro, carrots and cellophane noodles.

Beef is so intense that a dipping sauce is not needed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

looks awesome, recipe?

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Yesterday this cooked while we moved a shed:

It's not authentic Thai food, but it was quite tasty.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#40]
cooked up this mess today for supper:  

4 eggs
bunch of chopped up leftover Easter ham
green onions
salt and pepper

Not my best creation.  Eggs were starting to stick to my skillet so i pulled them when they was still a little bit of liquid.  Added plenty of pepper and a little less salt, but they didn't quite have the taste I was going for.  I guess it was the brown sugar from the ham.  I'm seriously lacking in the egg cooking department, so it could have been that.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 4:45:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Jamaican style curried shrimp.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#42]
I made a pan of cornbread earlier. Does that  count?

Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Today I made:

9 pints of raspberry jam (raspberries are on sale at Kroger, yay!)

Italian Easter bread (an experiment that smells delicious, but is still cooling, so I can't try it yet)

Fish tacos with homemade cilantro-avocado cream
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Steak, wings, jerk shrimp, loaded cauliflower, seared asparagus with garlic, lemon and Plugra.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Two racks of ribs. There was nothing left.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Grilled burgers with half jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon, grilled seasoned corn, jalapeño sausage and Miller light
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Fried rice and leftover fried crawfish

Crawfish were fried Sunday at a crawfish boil.  Had some leftover rice from a sauce piquant from Saturday night and figured why not.  I didn't have a lot of ingredients, but I used what I had on hand and the rice came out great.  Rice, soy sauce, green onions from the back patio, an egg, and black pepper and garlic powder to taste.  That's it.  Cooked in a cast iron skillet with a little vegetable oil.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Super easy chicken strips - The kids will love these...

Get a big ol' cast iron skillet warming up with some frying oil(vegetable, canola, whatever) about 1/4"-1/2" deep...deep enough to cover about half of your chicken strips.  I use a number 14 Lodge as I can fry quite a few strips at a time...big family.

Crush up some saltine crackers - Leave some big hunks in there too...that's where you get the crunch

in a medium/large bowl Dump in crackers + onion powder, garlic powder, basil, parsley, "Slap Yo Momma" Creole seasoning(don't be cheap with this stuff tastes great), steak seasoning, fresh cracked black pepper and whatever else you think would taste good, easy on the salt as the saltines will handle that for you so don't use garlic salt and onion salt.  Mix that all up.

2 eggs, some milk in a small bowl, mix that up

Slice some chicken tits about the thickness of your index finger, dip in the wash, toss in the cracker mix, fry 'em up

Sometimes I make my own BBQ sauce...most times I just rock the Sweet Baby Ray's original....
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#49]

I wanted a ham and Swiss on dark rye, but I had no mayonnaise...so I made some.

Infinitely better than store bought.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Went fishing Wed and Thurs. We caught redfish, mangrove snapper, trout, flounder and some snook (none of those were in the limit to keep). We cooked out Friday.

" />

Top is pecan crusted flounder, to the right is herb crusted snapper, bottom is redfish with compound butter, and to the left is blackened trout with mango salsa. The veggies are oven roasted.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 83
what did you cook today? (Page 1 of 83)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top