Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2016 3:51:18 PM EDT
I bought my brother one of these gadgets for Christmas but waited until a week or so ago to buy one for myself.  I honestly didn't think I'd enjoy using something like this but can see where it would come in handy when it's 100 degrees outside.  Standing over a grill in those conditions doesn't sound that great to me.  These run about $80-100 depending upon where you buy and if you use a coupon (I did).

So I opened the box.  It comes with two probes which you attach to the Bluetooth Thermometer device.  You pair it to your phone after downloading the app.  

I selected the setting for pork--but it put the internal temp at 145 and I like mine a bit more well done than that, so I manually over rode it and set it to 150.

Here it is once the two chops hit the grill.

It alarms you when there is 10 degrees left to go, and then again when your meat reaches your predetermined temperature.

And the done product.  I was impressed cutting into it that it was done perfectly inside--not too dry and not undercooked either.

I put in about ZERO effort on checking or monitoring.  Chops were cooked indirect on the BGE at about 400.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tag
View Quote

So far I've not had any responses from other iGrill2 owners.  I'm not much of a gadget person but it has performed well so far.
May get to cook some more this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently dug out a long wired probe thermometer that I bought a few years back. Wish I'd done it sooner, it makes making things like beef wellington a breeze instead of a guessing game.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Tag!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like I'll be taking the iGrill for another spin very soon.  I went out with someone this past weekend and he apparently likes his steaks "done".  I'm a medium rare girl myself.  
iGrill comes with two leads, so I can yank my steak off way before his.  No way I'm ruining a great piece of meat by cooking it done.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Just put his on before your meat. This way they come out about the same time.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just put his on before your meat. This way they come out about the same time.
View Quote

Good idea.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#8]
got one for christmas, only used once so far but like it, will come in handy for when I start smoking things when the weather gets nice.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the igrill mini and have used it a few times, works ok. It only has the single probe so it gives you food temp but not grill temp which is fine with me as the BGE holds a pretty consistent temp, not much need to monitor it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
got one for christmas, only used once so far but like it, will come in handy for when I start smoking things when the weather gets nice.
View Quote

This was one of my motivations.  I smoke deer roasts and recently cooked a panko and mustard covered beef tenderloin on the BGE.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Cooked two steaks (a ribeye for me and a strip for him) this weekend flawlessly.
Mine was a nice medium rare, his was medium well.

Very cool to sit inside and drink and let the device tell me when to pull meat off or flip it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Love love love my mini.... Use it for everything I do.  Been wanting to pick up the full size 4 probe version soon, but never wanna spend money when I see them lol. SAMs club has them for $78
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Used it again this weekend.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks amazing..... I might have to give one of those a shot. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looks amazing..... I might have to give one of those a shot. Thanks for the info.
View Quote

I've been pleased with my purchase on this.  Really takes the guesswork out of things.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#16]

You can poke a steak with your finger to test it's 'doneness'. Poking a hole in a steak for a probe lets the juices out.
Works in thousands of restaurants every day. You get where you can do it without checking by feeling your hand.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You can poke a steak with your finger to test it's 'doneness'. Poking a hole in a steak for a probe lets the juices out.

Works in thousands of restaurants every day. You get where you can do it without checking by feeling your hand.
  http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iOteghhcEik/Tz9eqGTMiDI/AAAAAAAABCM/tKNYt6mUT1w/s600/finger-test-meat-doneness.png

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iOteghhcEik/Tz9eqGTMiDI/AAAAAAAABCM/tKNYt6mUT1w/s600/finger-test-meat-doneness.png

Yeah...poking doesn't work for me.  I'm sure for some it does but for me it's just a great way to get the steak too done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top