Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2016 11:27:27 AM EDT
I made 9 slabs of baby back ribs over the holidays and got rave reviews.  I pre-cut the ribs into individual pieces, put a little garlic salt and fresh ground pepper on and then vacuum packed them.  8 hours in the water at 165 degrees and a little bit of grilling to brown them and they were awesome!  I froze two packs and got them back out for New Years Eve and they were just as good.

My only real fail using the cooker so far is corned beef.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#1]
What cooker do you have?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Stuff I normally smoke is stuff I can't bering myself to do sous vide.  I should just cut off a partial rack and try it sometime.  I haven't had my anova long, but I have enjoyed it so far.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#3]
made a fantastic prime rib for xmas in sous vide....
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What cooker do you have?
View Quote

The ANOVA.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#5]
IN!
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got an Anova for Christmas! And a Searzall too.
Did a prime 1 1/2 inch thick ribeye for New Years Day that was absolutely PERFECT.
Looking forward to doing some ribs soon!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:40:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been cooking sous vide off and on for over a year... almost exclusively on. I own 4 Anova units and a Dorkfood controller. Most of the proteins have turned out amazing. I've done a standing rib roast, individual ribeyes, tenderloins, chuckeyes, NY strips, pork chops, chicken breasts, chicken leg quarters, turkey legs, thighs and breasts, salmon, hamburgers, country ribs, spiral cut hams... did I forget anything other than veggies?  I own a Searzall and use it a lot.  I prefer a hot charcoal grill for searing though the Searzall does work. Cast iron does a good job too.  I've done large hams using two circulators at the same time. I can't hardly go out and eat anymore....
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:16:24 AM EDT
[#8]
What was the deal with the corned beef?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top