Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2015 12:45:59 PM EDT
What do you guys make out of your leftover turkey and ham?

I have a ton of leftover meat and was wondering what you guys do with yours?

I'm not a creative cook, thus rely on recipes vs creativity and dont want to let it go to waste.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I made turkey noodle soup, used up a gallon zip lock bag of meat.

ETA: Was easier for me since I saved the drippings for the soup stock.

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
just stock from the birds
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:58:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My sister-in-law takes a ham bone and cooks it with some beans or peas in a cast iron pot.  Talk about good!!  Little salty sometimes though, but still good.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Wife makes Turkey Stock, Turkey Soup; Turkey Ala-King; Turkey Stew; Turkey Pot Pie all of which we freeze. We cook an extra 18-20lb turkey just so there is enough meat for everything she makes.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My sister-in-law takes a ham bone and cooks it with some beans or peas in a cast iron pot.  Talk about good!!  Little salty sometimes though, but still good.
View Quote

We made a killer ham and white bean soup with a large chunk of the ham last weekend... It was delicious and the leftovers didn't last long!
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Ham spread/Deviled Ham

When I get spiral sliced ham I will always take the area that doesn't get cut and carve it off the bone, dejoint the bone and use it for beans/soup. The meat is usually full of tendon and what not, so I put it in the food processor and grind it up, and slowly add softened cream cheese and a splash or 2 of white wine to thin it, scoop it out into plastic storage container. My wife will find it and it will disappear.

I take the ham and dice it up and make white bean soup.

I make turkey salad and it gets eaten pretty fast. Diced onion, celery, diced turkey, chopped garlic, mayo, sour cream or greek yogurt, splash of white wine, fresh chopped italian parsley. Season TT Tip; The sour cream prevents it from being too dry and provides enough fat to coat the palette.

Turkey tetrazzini is great and you can make a large batch then, portion and freeze. It make fast microwave meals.

You can make Turkey spread by using the ham recipe above but when processing the turkey add a few drops of liquid smoke. It will give it a nice flavor change/ the same w/ the salad.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Cook pasta of your choice, strain, let cool then put it on an oven safe dish.  Chop up all the leftover meat, add to pasta.  Add in all the leftover stuffing and gravy to get a nice consistency (add cream of celery if not enough gravy).  Top with parmesean cheese.

Bake @ 350 until warm in middle.  Portion to taste.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#8]

The correct usage for leftover turkey is in making Hot Browns.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/kentucky-hot-browns-recipe2.html#!

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#9]
After about 2 days, the family is tired of turkey.

I pick the meat and vacu seal it in foodsaver bags and freeze.  Boil the bones and skin to make stock and add the remainder of the drippings to it and can in quart mason jars.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Redneck Turkey Tetrazzini

Leftover turkey

Cream of Mushroom soup (I used Progresso)

Peas (drained well)

Fresh sliced mushrooms

4 oz. cubed cream cheese

Pillsbury biscuits

Cook biscuits until 3/4 done.

Slice biscuits in half, layer bottoms in a baking dish.

Add the rest of the ingredients.

Top off with the biscuit tops.

Bake @ 350 for about 30 minutes.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:55:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I am stunned. I just bought 4 of those plates from the Brown Hotel (I live in Florida). My Mom use to make the Hot Browns when we were growing up. She didn't know what kind of cheese they used so I am sure we got a great Velvetta cheese sauce. Call the hotel 1 877 926-7757 and ask for Hanna in the Gift Shop. They'll be glad to ship you some of the ceramic serving plates they use. I got the brown ones!  I made a hot brown using the hotel's original recipe from their website. Pretty darn good. My Mom use to add onion rings to her hot browns which I still like even today. She also put her tomato slices on top of the turkey instead of the wedges off to the side. For this Kentucky boy, a great memory! This video tells you how to put it all together.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top