Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2015 11:22:44 PM EDT
I usually brine mine for two days, tuck a sliced up stick of butter under the skin, then cook with garlic and rosemary.

Whats your favorite turkey turkey recipe?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I now do a "dry brining". Give me results just as good, and no having to deal with a huge vat of liquid.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#2]
We have done Alton Brown's recipe several times and it always turns out well.  It is brined, and though the recipe page omits it, on the show he made a foil triangle (The Turkey Triangle) and placed it over the turkey breast when turning the oven down to 350 and inserting the probe thermometer (it starts at 500).

That is for no stuffing though. If you stuff the bird consider this option: Here

Honestly the turkey is better with the first method but true cooked-in-the-bird stuffing is just wonderful.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:07:14 AM EDT
[#3]
here's what I do. snag a 12-14lb bird for as cheap as I can about 10days before turkey day. I do this because the cheap birds will be frozen and it'll take that long for them to thaw in the fridge. the night before I cook it, i'll mix up my own injection mix(unsalted butter, apple juice and salt free Cajun spices) and inject the bird all over. I make sure to save some of the injection fluid for basting later. the day of the cook, I take the bird out of the fridge and leave it on the counter while I assemble/fire up my wsm smoker. it's at this point that I place some ice-filled bags on the white meat of the bird. this keeps their temps lower and helps the overall bird finish cooking at the same time. one the smoker is at temp and holding steady, put the turkey on the grate, breast up. every 60 min baste with left over injection solution until bird is done. filet the breasts out and section out the legs and thighs. serve as is over rice or mashed potatoes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top