Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2015 9:25:44 PM EDT
I have been wanting to make homemade Smoked BBQ Chicken ravioli. Stuff the ravioli with shredded chicken, bbq sauce and cheddar or mozzarella cheese (just a small slice). The sauce I'm thinking about is bbq sauce with heavy cream, slightly thinned out.

Thoughts??
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Let us know how it turns out.

Does not sound good to me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Cause Merica..... Do it
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]

I have to imagine BBQ chicken raviolis would be good, so long as you seal them up really well so the water can't get to the filling. Saucing them my take some ingenuity too.

I used to serve some off the wall raviolis in my joint. My favorite, which my customers raved, about were stuffed with crab, wild mushrooms, herbs and cheese. I made the pasta dough from scratch, and half was made with squid ink in the dough. I got white raviolis and black raviolis which we plated to resemble a checkerboard. Nobody had ever seen shit like that before.

Another tip on ravioli dough is adding seasonings into the dough. I made lemon pepper, Cajun and several others. Most went to milling fettuccini, but some went for ravioli dough.

Don't be afraid to use your imagination...and just try it.

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:13:41 AM EDT
[#4]
It will be fabulous, or it will totally suck. Try it and see which is reality.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Make the sauce and bind it to the filling so that the filling is not runny. Use tapioca so you do not have to cook the starch out, then add small amounts to the chicken until you get the desired consistancy. Are you planning on chopping the chix or shred? I would go with chop and and process it raw in the robo-coupe, then saute/brown in the pan. This will leave the meat a consistancy of a rough chop but in a more consistant shape. If you are going to grill or sear the chix then process it you will find there will be tough parts that may want to poke through the dough or just be tough and hard to chew. By using a food processor and chopping the raw protein you are tenderizing at the same time. Chop small amounts of near frozen product at a time for consistancy. Trying to process too much at once will create a paste at the bottom and whole product at the top. Use the pulse rather than letting it rip then you can control the consistancy/size of the chop better.

Once it is chopped then you can fry/brown it in the pan, add your sauce then lier with tapioca slurry to bind. The reason to bind the meat is so you do not have a soupy mixture. If the seal isn't perfect on the dough you do not have a break and leak juice every where. This can create a problem when plating.

Sound like a good meal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top