Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2015 4:55:01 PM EDT
A lot of the peppers I used to get on amazon don't appear to be available anymore. I'm looking for a reputable source of whole dried peppers. New Mexico varieties, chipotle, perhaps even exotic stuff like dried ghost peppers. Just curious who you folks buy from.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]
The Spice Jungle for stuff I can't find at the local mexican markets.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Spice Jungle for stuff I can't find at the local mexican markets.
View Quote
Or asian markets, often they have mexican stuff too.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Spicesforless.com
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#4]
spicehouse.com fills pretty much all my needs.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#6]
It seems that just about every town these days has a "La Tienda" (Mexican grocer). I find a lot of dried chiles there. A good source of dried super-hot chiles is the pucker butt pepper co. in rock Hill, SC The owner developed the Carolina reaper chile.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:29:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Local "hispanic" shops or The Savory Spice Shop in northern CO.  Almost every larger town seems to have a local take on spices shops, be it small or in bulk sales
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Fiesta  stores
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I misread one of the replies and ended up ordering from here. http://www.spicesinc.com/

The peppers are nice. I got chipotle and New Mexico peppers. They are ever so slightly moist, which makes them a lot easier to cut (particularly the chipotles). They taste good. I will likely order from them again.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fiesta  stores
View Quote

Down south here we can grow them ourselves otherwise we have specialty stores that sell a lot of fresh and dried peppers along with other foods that are a staple in the Mexican cuisine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top