Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2015 8:57:15 AM EDT
I inherited a plant from my uncle who passed recently. Was wondering if you guys have any experience with them. The only thing I've ever done with them was home made general tsao's chicken. Was thinking about some homemade sriracha sauce. but don't know what else to do. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I use them for Tom Yum soup, Pad thai, and a few other Thai dishes.  I also dried some out for pepper flakes to put on whatever.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have enough, grind them up in a coffee grinder and make hot oil.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I freeze them and use them throughout the year to make tom ha, and various Thai curries. I also keep the lime leaves on hand in the freezer, along with galling, so I am good to go anytime the cravings hit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:10:36 AM EDT
[#4]
They are fabulous in spaghetti sauce!  Used just like in the General Chicken.  They flavor, but don't eat them!  At least I can't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top