Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2015 8:01:08 PM EDT
I notice that taste the same but I can not find any info, It is the best ranch I have ever tasted?

Anyone know what brand the use or do they make their own in house and if so what is it?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:01:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I notice that taste the same but I can not find any info, It is the best ranch I have ever tasted?

Anyone know what brand the use or do they make their own in house and if so what is it?
View Quote

Most restaurants use a Hidden Valley dry mix, but the real secret is the wet mix you add to it.  50/50 of buttermilk and heavy duty mayonnaise.

The more unhealthy it is, the better it will taste.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
When I worked at TGIF last(2006 ish), it was a concentrate from Hidden Valley, IIRC you mixed a gallon of the base with butter milk and mayo. It was kinda funny when one of the waitrons would grab a jug of the base and fill up the ranch dressing bottle with it. "Umm, this ranch dressing doesn't taste right."
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:26:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Most restaurants use a Hidden Valley dry mix, but the real secret is the wet mix you add to it.  50/50 of buttermilk and heavy duty mayonnaise.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So fucking true...
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So fucking true...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So fucking true...

Probably the only legitimate use for the 4 dollar gallon vats of cheap assed mayo...
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:21:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Probably the only legitimate use for the 4 dollar gallon vats of cheap assed mayo...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So fucking true...

This leads to the question.....what is heavy duty Mayo?

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:39:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So fucking true...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So fucking true...

If you want to make it really unhealthy and taste really good...instead of Half-and-Half instead of milk.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:59:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you want to make it really unhealthy and taste really good...instead of Half-and-Half instead of milk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So fucking true...

What is half and half.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:02:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

It's a very thick mayonnaise.  It allows the finished dressing/sauce you use it in to be heavier and creamier.  

On it's own it is thick enough that if you could slide it out of the jar, it would all come out as a singe jar-shaped cylinder of heart attack goodness.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So very true.

I remember making apple crisp topping with pounds of butter....
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's a very thick mayonnaise.  It allows the finished dressing/sauce you use it in to be heavier and creamier.  

On it's own it is thick enough that if you could slide it out of the jar, it would all come out as a singe jar-shaped cylinder of heart attack goodness.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And where would one purchase this goodness in a jar?

And what brand is it?

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And what brand is it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what brand is it?

Do tell
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#12]
We would get ours from Sysco, so it was just a Sysco branded 1 gallon jug.

If you have a GFS store near you they should have it, or maybe a Sam's Club type store may have it.

Also, when getting the dry mix, I believe Hidden Valley makes a different mix specifically for making buttermilk ranch.  If you do the buttermilk/heavy mayo recipe you'll want that.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#13]
We buy Kraft in the gallon jug at Walmart, it is labeled Heavy Duty.  The quart jars are not and are not as stiff.
Our ranch is Hidden Valley made with buttermilk and this mayo.  It is the best ranch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top