BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 1:06:29 AM EDT
Got any?

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:11:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:17:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Just made up a batch of sourdough pancakes for breakfast tomorrow.  Think Blueberry Pancakes are on the menu.  I haven't tried a savory pancake though.

100 grams +/- Sourdough starter
454 grams Buttermilk
254 grams AP flour
28 grams sugar

Let sourdough miracle work at room temp overnight.

In the AM add

2 eggs,
Oil (I use 1/2 of an eggshell full)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Baking Soda.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just made up a batch of sourdough pancakes for breakfast tomorrow.  Think Blueberry Pancakes are on the menu.  I haven't tried a savory pancake though.

100 grams +/- Sourdough starter

454 grams Buttermilk

254 grams AP flour

28 grams sugar

Let sourdough miracle work at room temp overnight.

In the AM add

2 eggs,

Oil (I use 1/2 of an eggshell full)

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp Baking Soda.

View Quote

I'm glad I noticed this thread, I'm now in the process of making some sour dough starter so I know what will become of what I'll be removing at the two feeding times tonight.

Sour dough pancakes for Saturday morning breakfast

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:19:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, I feed my starters once a week.  I reserve 25 grams of starter and feed it with 50 grams water and 50 grams flour.  Whatever starter I have over the 25 grams goes into a container for pancakes.  I keep a white ap starter (king arther unbleached ap) and a whole rye starter.  Going on 2 years now almost nothing but home made sd bread.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:02:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Uhhhhm

Spinach Pancakes

Also:

Pajeon (Korean Scallion Pancake)
Yield: 6 pancakes | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1 large egg
1/2 cup water
2-3 tablespoons kimchi juice
2 stalks scallion, cut into small rounds
1/2 teaspoon salt
Oil, for pan-frying

Dipping Sauce:

2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon rice vinegar
Pinch of red chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 clove garlic, finely minced

Method:

Mix all the ingredients (except the oil) in a bowl, stir the batter to blend well. Combine all the ingredients of the Dipping Sauce in a saucer.

Heat up a pan and coat with some oil. Ladle some batter onto the pan to form a mini round pancake. Pan-fry for a couple of minutes until the bottom surface turns slightly brown, flip it over and cook the other side until slight brown. Dish out and repeat the same for the remaining batter.

Serve the pajeon warm with the Dipping Sauce.

Cook’s Note:

If you don’t use the kimchi juice, add the same quantity (2-3 tablespoons) of water to the batter.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:13:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Somewhat related. I made up a package of hushpuppy mix (thinned out to pancake batter consistancy),and made waffles out of it. I put some minced green onions in there as well. Pretty good with some fried fish.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#9]
INGREDIENTS

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups buttermilk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus 1/2 teaspoon for griddle
1 cup fresh blueberries (optional)

DIRECTIONS

Heat griddle to 375 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, and 4 tablespoons butter; whisk to combine. Batter should have small to medium lumps.

Heat oven to 175 degrees. Test griddle by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. If water bounces and spatters off griddle, it is hot enough. Using a pastry brush, brush remaining 1/2 teaspoon of butter or reserved bacon fat onto griddle. Wipe off excess.

Using a 4-ounce ladle, about 1/2 cup, pour pancake batter, in pools 2 inches away from one other. Scatter with berries, if using. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 1/2 minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top